Marijuana and Obsessive Compulsive Personality Disorder

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by dknight237, Jan 31, 2010.

1. dknight237 dknight237

• Since: Jun 22, 2009
    I believe I may suffer from OCPD (its not the same as OCD, I don't know why they named them that way but they are different from one another)

Obsessive–compulsive personality disorder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

that being said, do any of you know or have heard of any type of strain being affective for this condition

many of my close friends as well as medical professionals have told me I need to "chill out"

and marijuana is definitely good at that, but there are lots of strains out there and I'm looking for the one that could help with OCPD
  2. Ghoast Ghoast

• Since: Nov 24, 2009
    Well do you actually know where you're getting it from? Like are you in CA/Canada/Amsterdam?

Basically I think it would be fair to say weed with more THC than canibinoids will make you higher in the brain.

And the other way around makes your body high..

If this makes sense lol.

I don't really see much difference between OCD and OCPD.. They seem pretty similar. I always thought I had mild OCD but I could have OCPD too by the looks of reading that wiki page.

I sometimes find that I get a little OCD shit happening just after I finish a spliff.. Cos it's like, 'When should I take the last drag?' 'Is that the last toke I just took or does it have one more in it' - I will literally keep trying to hit it until I smoke some of the roach and know it's out..

This happens when I smoke alone. Never with other people..
  3. Ghoast Ghoast

I just read that OCPD don't have the rituals and shit so I see the difference.

OCD: Anal about certain things that have to be in a certain way/

OCPD: Anal about their whole life..

Is this kind of accurate? :p

People with OCD suffer from their problem and want to be rid of it. People with OCPD, on the other hand, feel that the way they run their lives is correct and that they are surrounded by people living the “wrong” kind of life
  4. ColombianGold ColombianGold

• Since: May 19, 2009
    I think weed could help but you should ask a doctor first maybe :S
  5. dknight237 dknight237

im not too clear myself but from what i understand

OCD- knows what they are doing is wrong
    OCPD- doesn't care, thinks that that is the way life should be lived

. It'd be nice if medical institutions and private companies could at least do research on medicinal marijuana
  6. dknight237 dknight237

oh and i am neither in ca/canada or even remotely close to a state where medicinal marijuana is illegal
  7. dknight237 dknight237

im not 100% clear on it myself but ocd thinks- it's me, not you
    ocpd- it's you, not me

if only medical institutions and private companies could do research on medicinal marijuana
  8. Zeroxtreem Zeroxtreem

• News *****
    • Since: Apr 6, 2009
    Wouldn't any kind of herb do the trick, Indica or Sativa?

I don't see how an Indica strain would help you 'chill out' anymore than a Sativa would.
  9. Ghoast Ghoast

That's interesting but I heard that actually sativa or indica not sure which one makes you more high while the other makes you more stoned..
  10. Freshness420 Freshness420

• Since: Nov 10, 2009
    No offense, but OCD and OCPD sound exactly the same. I really don't care what you call it you're obsessive about something. I suffer through the same thing. I call it OCD. You call it OCPD. Tomato/tomahto.

But hell I know that marijuana doesn't hurt the OCD for sure when I toke. It makes me deal with the anxiety a lot better. Feel a lot less stressed.

Post 420!
  11. dknight237 dknight237

freshness, what type of strains do you smoke? I'm just wondering if there are some that are more effective than others
  12. cinnamon cinnamon

• Since: Apr 11, 2010
    Say No to marijuana with prescription drugs

Just for the record, it is NEVER advisable to mix marijuana with prescription drugs -- especially drugs prescribed for depression, bipolar disorder, mental illness, anxiety, siezures, etc., -- unless you do so with a medical doctor's prescription for marijuana.

Neuro-chemistry is an intricate and touchy thing. Mixing cannabinoids with various psyche drugs in particular (but some other drugs, as well) could cause serious, suicidal, or psychotic reactions. Always be safe.