Marijuana and OxyContin... Bad Choice?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by ComfortablyNumm, Oct 16, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ComfortablyNumm ComfortablyNumm

• Since: Oct 16, 2005
    Just wanted to see what everyone thought about taking a narcotic like OxyContin and smoking? What about other medications like Robaxin, Neurontin, UltraCet, Mobic, and Lunesta? Does anyone see a major danger in mixing these medications with NATURAL ONES? I would appreciate any help with this matter. Thanks.
  2. Tokamak Tokamak

• Since: Aug 12, 2005
    So far as OxyContin is concerned, there shouldn't be any problem, so long as you don't have anything to do for a good 5 hours or so. OxyContin contains oxycodone, a strong narcotic pain reliever. It can be quite addictive, so be careful not to take more than what you are prescribed. Marijuana generally tends to increase the euphoric and lethargic side effects of opiates, potentiating their pain relieving qualities for most people. This is good for pain, but REALLY BAD if you try to drive or have any other task that requires concentration. I personally would only consider combining the two substances before bed.

As far as the other medications you mention, I would suggest you try Erowid (linked at the top of this page) and search experience reports for those drugs. Most prescription medicines have been combined with cannabis by someone already, and there's a good chance that they wrote about it on Erowid.

In general, its a good idea to research ALL drugs you take, prescription or OTC, if you plan to smoke marijuana while on them. I personally don't know of any that react in harmful or negative ways with pot, but it never hurts to learn about what you decide to put into your body.

Peace.
  3. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    From the Posting Guidelines:

4. ChronicSmoke7 ChronicSmoke7

• Since: Oct 30, 2004
    Its appropriate to mention oxycotin in this forum as long as its about combinging it with weed.

I dont think you would need to smoke weed to enhance the effects of oxycotin, espcially if its higher than 40mg, oxycotin is hillbilly heroin so watch out....others i know have done this combination no problem, except like tokamak said you will be inebriated
  5. hauptmann hauptmann

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Feb 24, 2003
    Thread Closed
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.