Marijuana and stomach acid?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Madamayo, Jan 4, 2008.

1. Madamayo Madamayo

• Since: Apr 22, 2007
    Hi guys, I've been dry heaving for almost two hours now,:rolleyes: and I'm debating if smoking a small bowl through my bubbler would be something that would help me.

I have no headache, my chest feels fine, and I don't believe anything is wrong with my throat, it just seems like my stomach is cranking out stomach acid more than usual, and it only knows one way out... my mouth.

Normally when I feel a little nauseas if I smoke a bowl, it makes the nausea go away.

Any ideas?
  2. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I have stomach issues myself. Ulcers, and lots of nagging nausea. I would definitely try toking something. It always helps my nausea. If I have already started vomiting, it's not as easy to toke. I just wait a little bit, toke while laying down comfortably.

My doctor has me on 3 RX stomach meds. My issues are probably more severe than yours, but I can tell you Prilosec OTC is a good over-the-counter acid reducer. Maybe give that a try.
    1 people like this.
  3. Madamayo Madamayo

• Since: Apr 22, 2007
    Thanks!

Thank you very much for the suggestion, I just sat on a stool, comfortably in front of a warm fire, with a glass of cold water, and smoked through the bubbler with snow packed in it. :)

Feeling absolutely great now.

And really stoned!
    1 people like this.
  4. Broliette Broliette

• ~~~_\|/_~~~
    • Since: May 26, 2007
    My goodness. I hope you're feeling much better. Dry-heaving? That does not sound good; did you perhaps eat something the last 48 hours that may not have agreed with your body?

I hope you don't have the flu. Make sure to get lots of rest and drink lots of fluids.
  5. Dro5 Dro5

• Since: Dec 18, 2007
    I believe marijuana effects vomiting somehow, not sure how though
  6. Ganja101 Ganja101

• Since: Jan 4, 2008
    I believe you are experiencing stomach flu. It sucks and lasts a whole day of vomiting every so hours. I know its late and after the fact but I tried smoking while I had stomach flu and it wasnt enough to do it again. It does help calm it down but just makes it last longer.
  7. ADIDAS ADIDAS

• Represent. KY
    • Since: Sep 6, 2005
    I would highly suggest smoking. Base on hangovers, maryjane is the ultimate cure. It is tough to bring yourself to smoke when youre sick, but in most situations, it really helps. Maybe due to the fact it helps you take your mind off things, as well as the medicinal values.