Marijuana and the Thinning/Falling out of hair

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Tweed Master, Mar 13, 2006.

1. Tweed Master Tweed Master

• Since: Mar 13, 2006
    Ever since I began to smoke bud my hair has been falling out (about 10 or more hairs when I take a shower) and is very thin compared to before. This sucks really bad because I will have to stop if there is nothing I can do about it. If anyone has any solutions please let me know.
  2. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Your problem is genetics, not marijuana. It doesn't cause your hair to fall out.
  3. grillmeats grillmeats

• No Longer Active
    • Since: Jan 13, 2005
    It would be nice to blame the wacky tobbacy, but if baldness is in your blood, I recommend hair implants now.
  4. Tweed Master Tweed Master

No one in my family has hair loss problems man. Are you positive because I've read some things that said marijuana does cause hair loss. If it doesn't cause hair loss, then maybe its making my hair really weak and therefore its falling out. If you would like me to show you the documentation I've read about marijuana causing hair loss, I will. Thanks guys for responding though.
  5. walstmonky walstmonky

• Since: Oct 6, 2005
    ^^Really? I've read articles that suggest that making a salve and applying it topically to your scalp will cause hair to grow.

Reading ONDCP propaganda has been shown to cause hair loss in cannabis users. I can't count how many times I've found myself pulling my hair out after reading a John Walters' speech.
  6. Cassius Cassius

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Sep 3, 2006
    Stress is an important and often overlooked factor. Is your life/job very stressful? My job is quite stressful, and my grey hairs appear to be growing at an exponential rate.
  7. nerphroll nerphroll

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Tweed Master. We do not know everything. For starters, let's see some of that documentation you have...thanks.
  8. walstmonky walstmonky

• Since: Oct 6, 2005
    Holy Nellie there might be something to this!

http://www.actionlove.com/cases/case11845.htm
  9. Cassius Cassius

• Seasoned Activist
    Wow, that's some pure bullshit right there. Way to go ONDCP, the doctors are turning into prohibitionists too, learning how to spout the propaganda nonsense that you invented!
  10. teufelfisch teufelfisch

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Jan 14, 2003
    :laugh: Thanks, walstmonkey, that was hilarious. "The pot chemicals have taken over your brain!" :laugh:
  11. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
  12. Tweed Master Tweed Master

So what you guys are saying is that what That Doctor said is a bunch of bullshit?
  13. Cassius Cassius

• Seasoned Activist
    Well, let's just say, I know of at least one doctor who says he doesn't like being called "Dr. Soandso" because they give out doctorates like lollipops these days and he got his when they actually meant something.
  14. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    Have you ever seen a bald Rastafarian? :D If smoking an ounce a day doesn't do it, nothing will.
  15. weed.is.a.deed weed.is.a.deed

• Since: Jul 9, 2005
  16. Ghanji Ghanji

• Since: Feb 1, 2006
    My girlfriends a hair stylist so i asked her for you. She said it's probably an accumulation of things:
    1) Genetics (maybe just the thin hair)
    2) Lifestyle (How healthy you are, what you're eating, drinking, STRESS, etc)
    3) Your hair follicles may be surrounded by toxins (unlikely from pot). A therapy system like Nioxin gets inside and cleans those toxins out while strengthening the shaft. Also, perhaps try washing your hair every second day instead of everyday. The reason is washing it strips the hair of it's oil which helps protect the hair follicle.

I have the same problem, but for me i think it's more stress and lack of GOOD nutrition. That's what University and a Nazi Government do to you ;)

Peace :mj:
  17. Tweed Master Tweed Master

thanks guys, I appreciate it. I am so glad that it isn't a marijuana problem because if it was, I would have to stop! NOOOOOOOOO
  18. grillmeats grillmeats

• No Longer Active
    Just wear a hat.
  19. Cassius Cassius

• Seasoned Activist
    Actually, wearing a hat, although covering it up, makes it worse.
  20. grillmeats grillmeats

• No Longer Active
    Why? Are you balding?