Marijuana interactions

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by AndieBear, Jul 22, 2001.

1. AndieBear AndieBear

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Apr 4, 2001
    I have looked all over and had a hard time finding any documantation of drug interactions with marijuana. I found this in the "American Medical Association, Guide to Prescription and over-the-counter Drugs" it sais:

"Marijuana may increase the risk of sedation with any drugs that have a sedative effect on the central nervous system. These include anti-anxiety drugs, sleeping drugs, general anesthetics, narcotic analgesics, antipsychotics, tricyclic antidepressants, antihistamines and alcohol."

I know info on mj can be scarce so I thought I'd post this for anyone who could use that info. Keep in mind this books copyright date is 1988. There may be more since then, but this is the best I can find. If you know of any others that can interact with mj, please post here. I'm trying to find out if my dad is on any current meds that would give him a bad reaction if he tried mj. Thanks!!l
  2. Dedbr Dedbr

• Domestic War Veteran
    • Since: Mar 24, 2001
    Andie Bear...

Use of any other substance with marijuana will cause a sedative effect......On a few prescription drug warning sheets it says that using the herb will intensify the effect.
    If a person is using any other medicine for a mental or emotional problem,approach ANY other foreign substance with caution.
    The herb makes ya sleepy anyway(sedative effect).