Marijuana side effect

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Louise FaBreeze, Feb 17, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Louise FaBreeze Louise FaBreeze

• Since: Feb 13, 2005
    I've noticed everytime I smoke weed my mood becomes euphoric. Is there anyway to counter this from happening?
  2. strangedezign strangedezign

• Since: Jan 4, 2005
    why would you want to do that? Euphoria is a good thing thats why its euphoric... er something.
  3. strangedezign strangedezign

• Since: Jan 4, 2005
    Seriously though I can see why you wouldn't want this feeling; say your smoking for medical reasons and you want to cary on with normal life. If by euphoria you mean a dazed feeling I'm not sure there is much you can do about it. Like you say it is a "side effect" in some people. When I think of euphoria, I think of supreme happiness and bliss, no cares, etc. Can you change your mood when you are not high? Then do the same thing when you are.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I suspect that this thread is another stupid joke from the wit/2 who started the threads about marijuana enemas and marijuana douches. The name on the latter one was FaBreeze, too. Don't feed his ego.

If by some chance I'm wrong (which is rare :D), please accept my apology.
  5. killavanilla killavanilla

• Since: Jan 23, 2005
    Ummmmm. You are supposed to smoke weed to feel euphoric.
    This is a silly post and a silly question.
    If this is a stupid joke, ha frickin ha.
    If not, no. There is no way (or reason) to NOT get a euphoric feeling from smoking pot.
    :redhot:
  6. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Actually there is. Medical marijuana users who consume quantities orders of magnitude greater than recreational users report that they don't get high at all.

From MARIJUANA & THE BRAIN, PART II: THE TOLERANCE FACTOR:
    The effects of marijuana can be sorted into four categories. First, there are modest physical effects, such as a slight change in heart rate or blood pressure and changes in body temperature. Tolerance develops to these effects with familiarity and/or regular use.

Tolerance next develops to the depressant effects of marijuana, particularly to its effects on motor coordination. However, tolerance to these effects depends on the quality of the marijuana consumed as well as the frequency of use. THC is one of several cannabinoids in marijuana. While it is the only cannabinoid to produce the psychoactive or stimulative effects, another cannabinoid, named cannabinol (CBN), produces only the depressant effects. CBN is generally present in low-potency marijuana, or very old marijuana in which the THC has decayed; it accounts for the generally undesirable effects of bad pot. While cannabinol gets someone "stoned," THC gets them "high."

After a while, tolerance develops to even the stimulative effects of marijuana. Experienced users learn that there is an outer limit to how high they can get. Paradoxically, this limit can only be exceeded by lower consumption.
  7. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    Ridiculous. Thread Closed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.