Marijuana Tree

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Lalaporo, Jun 18, 2010.

1. Lalaporo Lalaporo

• Since: Apr 15, 2010
    I was just looking around at the history of marijuana and stuff and i started thinking..."If there could be a cannabis tree strain then the price of marijuana would drop a whole lot." then i thought "Dont hops grow on trees?" And arnt hops distant relatives of marijuana? Well crossing marijuana with hops would be a hell of a lot easier then mixing it with a pine tree:). So how come no one ever tried it? You could have the tree all year long and get probly 5,000% more pot.
  2. hector hector

• Since: Jun 19, 2009
    i really hope your not serious.
  3. ctwalrus ctwalrus

• Since: Jun 21, 2008
    thats some Monsanto shit right there
    1 people like this.
  4. Herbania Herbania

• Don't fear the reefer
    • Since: Sep 8, 2006
    Actually, in an old 60's book i dare not mention they talk about how pot and hops are closely related and supposedly you can hybrid them and they'll put out low amounts of thc and look like hops. That book had a lot of BS and second hand info so I can't validate it's true. It talked about it as a way to avoid cops. Hops are in the cannabis family, a different genus though. Probably make a better beer than smoke though. I smelled hops once, can't imagine it would smoke nice.
  5. Lalaporo Lalaporo

• Since: Apr 15, 2010
    Yes even if it has low thc, there would be so much of it coming from the one tree that you wouldnt really need strong shit cause you would have so much.
  6. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I'd rather cross an eagle with a lion and get a hippogriff… It would work as well as crossing cannabis with hops and the results would be much more interesting. ;)
    2 people like this.
  7. jikaboom123 jikaboom123

• Since: Sep 12, 2008
    Are you 2?
  8. AstroCoaster AstroCoaster

• Since: Nov 2, 2009
    The closest tree related to Marijuana is the Hackberry tree. So if your serious start looking there. I've actually thought of this a few times myself. That would be awesome to have Weed come back every year, but your going to have to figure out how to check to see if the buds are ready and what your going to use to cut the buds off from the top of the tree. All in all its still a bit far fetched.
  9. yoshi31 yoshi31

• Since: Feb 28, 2010
    this sounds like an idea from highDEAS where they put as a title "what if?" lol
  10. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    There was an article in High Times back in the late 70's or early 80's where someone spliced marijuana onto a tomato plant,trying to disguise it so they would not get busted.
    They said it was low thc and quit trying.
    There was also an article in HT about the marijuana plant being grown for 2 years in Hawaii,because they don't die there. But they said after two years the plant started losing potency.
  11. Buds_Of_Steele Buds_Of_Steele

• Your Undisputed Disputer
    • Since: Jul 11, 2009
    Theoretically if you could isolate the part of the marijuana plant's genetics that causes it to produce THC then recreate that gene synthetically and somehow apply it to a plant similar to marijuana...

That's all just theoretical though, If I were going to try it I would start with industrial hemp. I would infuse industrial hemp with the THC producing gene and grow a control crop of industrial hemp alongside the group infused with the gene.

With what I learned from observing the industrial hemp I would begin searching for ways to refine my technique and work out any problems. Then I would select some species of plant similar to marijuana. I would choose a plant that bears fruit, like tomatoes, a plant which produces flowers and then goes to seed, and a tree that does not produce fruits like a maple tree (unless you count maple keys as fruit, I see them more as seed pods) then I would grow a control crop of these plants alongside ones treated with the THC gene.

The plants that grew successfully and produced THC would then be studied further to determine in which part of the plant the THC content was highest.

Of course this is all just hypothetical. However given the research and funds, if something like this were possible, then this would be my proposed method for studying this.
  12. imFADED imFADED

• Since: Jun 12, 2008
    I better be the first person you call when you unleash that beast!
  13. jikaboom123 jikaboom123

• Since: Sep 12, 2008
    People forget that THC isn't the only thing that gets you high. That's why Marinol is so unpopular compared to cannabis.