Marijuana TV Shows

Discussion in 'Current Events' started by mellowmonk, Dec 23, 2011.

1. mellowmonk mellowmonk

• Since: Aug 2, 2011
    I am just wondering what these guys that are producing the newest medical marijuana TV shows are thinking? Aren't we in a difficult enough time right now with the subject of either legalization or non legalization of marijuana? Now we have these guys producing marijuana shows telling the world how many millions of dollars they are making and how they are helping the terminally ill with their efforts.

I have been a pot smoker for over twenty years and I truly believe that pot has some medicinal values but in reality the main reason the majority smoke pot is to get high. Let’s quit kidding ourselves here. The medical Marijuana movement is driving the present existing marijuana market right out of business. Big pharm companies who have the big bucks to lobby for state controlled marijuana guidelines are taking all of this "Medical Marijuana" rhetoric and they are going to use it to capitalize on the medical marijuana market and run each and every one of us who has even a small stake in the business right out of business.

The guys who are so flagrantly producing these medical marijuana TV shows for the most part have already made their money in the industry that is where the money is coming from to produce the TV shows. They must be complete idiots and have smoked way too much to the point that it is obviously clouding their better judgment. Who in their right mind would purposely destroy their own extremely lucrative business? Very stupid move..
  2. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    • Since: Jul 30, 2004

If you are talking about the show Weed Wars those guys don't profit off of that dispensary. In one of the first episodes the guy mentioned they make 20 million a year which goes right back into charity, taxes, and the community. If you don't think this is a positive message for the movement, you're kidding yourself. The medicinal benefits of marijuana are very real and i'm guessing the people who smoke it to ease pain brought on by serious medical conditions would strongly disagree with you. And the money to produce the TV shows comes from the network, not the subject of the show. I've worked on a TV show before and the people involved in the show didn't pay one penny, all the production costs and expenses were covered by the network.

As far as i'm concerned these guys are doing wonders for the medical marijuana movement. It isn't about us being able to get high, that's not why weed should be legal. That's a selfish reason in my opinion. Did you see the story of the little boy who had grand mal seizures everyday of his life until he tried a cannabis tincture? four days after he started taking cannabis the seizures stopped, you're telling me that's not a positive message? i don't know about you, but to me that's the reason weed should be legal. so we can better understand the medicinal properties of this plant and the ways it can heal people. If you want it legal just so you can get high, well, that's pretty damn selfish if you ask me.
    1 people like this.
  3. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    That kid with the seisures melted my heart..

But these shows really do help the movement..If it doesn't help the legal movement it helps the medical movement..

Either way it's still a win for human kind..
    1 people like this.
  4. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    yeah dude that scene where he is having a seizure and his dad is on the couch holding him and he says "please god save my son" in his language, that shit gave me the chills man...pretty powerful stuff
  5. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Fuck yeah...I about shit, had a heart attack, and my heart went from black to red at the same time..

Not saying giving Mj to children is ok...But this is not a normal situation..this is serious..That kid didn't have a seizure for days..All because some high cbd, cbn oil or concentrate...That right there alone should be thrown into the ring as why this should be medicine..

EVERYWHERE(<supposed to be in caps)
  6. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    couldn't agree more......i love how they incorporate a really positive story into every episode. sort of puts it into perspective and shows everybody what we are fighting for. how bout the guy with cancer of the spinal cord, or the lady in a wheel chair with muscular distrophy who said that marijuana is the only thing that helps with her pain. i would give up my right to smoke this plant in a heartbeat if it meant that these people could have access to cannabis without fear of legal consequences...
  7. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    The lady in the wheelchair was awsome wasn't it...

The lady last night, that just wanted to be comfertable in her last hoorahh..

But the retired guy..Just wanted to get high..It did help with the pain, but he just wanted to get messed up..
  8. Kranter Kranter

• Above the Ignorance
    • Since: Jun 14, 2011
    ive never seen the show, but will check it out for sure
    1 people like this.
  9. Insaneteacher Insaneteacher

• Fare You Well
    I haven't seen the latest episode, gotta wait to go over to my mom's house to watch it on DVR

and Kranter ...you should definitely check it out bro, i've certainly learned things i didn't know about MJ from watching it...
  10. Kranter Kranter

• Above the Ignorance
    • Since: Jun 14, 2011
    holy shit. Im in the 2nd episode now. when the kid was bout to hav a seizure, & he said "please God save my son" tears came to my eyes. I <3 this show