Me no hungry no more?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by warofages, May 24, 2009.

1. warofages warofages

• Since: Mar 21, 2009
    Why is it that when I smoke anymore, I RARELY ever get the urge to eat. I remember smoking just so I can pile food in my mouth but anymore smoking just makes me full and/or just not hungry one bit. Is this usual to lose munchies after smoking for about 2 years with the intake of a gram a week? Or is it that only certain grades of weed will make you hungry?
  2. Maximus Maximus

• Since: Mar 22, 2009
    I'm the same way actually. I get the beer munchies all the time, but weed just doesn't do the trick anymore.
  3. joshpackr joshpackr

• Since: Aug 4, 2007
    The munchies are an effect of THC. Potency of the herb in question shouldn't have any bearing on weather or not apatite stimulation occurs.

That being said I have noticed that some weed gives me the munchies when other weed really doesn't.

I've been smoking semi-regularly for close to 5 years now and I still get the munchies more often than not after smoking.
  4. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I've been a cannabis user for more than 40 years. I think serious munchies are an early-user phenomenon. Food still tastes wonderful when I'm high, but I no longer feel a need or desire to stuff myself. A bag of chips lasts me a whole week.
    1 people like this.
  5. Guru Guru

• Since: Feb 5, 2009
    I don't get paricularly hungry when Im high, but I used to get serious munchies.

Now though, it's like once i start to eat, I can't stop, even if i wasn't hungry in the first place :shrug:
  6. Plaidheart Plaidheart

• Since: Dec 20, 2008
    hm

From what I understand is, THC speeds up your metabolism resulting in you getting the munchies, I wouldn't call it a side effects but one of marijuanas powers (restoring appetites.)

I know a gram of mids a week wasn't enough for me to get the munchies at 2 years but everyone is different, weight and body frames both taken into consideration.
  7. MXM MXM

• Since: Mar 20, 2009
    damn i wish i could control the F munchies

been smokin for over 10 years or so and still cant beat em! hahahaha
  8. RespyShunt RespyShunt

• Since: Mar 15, 2009
    thats exactly what it is when im high. Im not hungry, things just taste SO good.
  9. Maximus Maximus

• Since: Mar 22, 2009
    Yeah I'll admit food tastes better when high, I just don't have that same craving that I used to. Steak Diane is the shit high, I'll tell you that.
  10. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Munchies have nothing to do with a speeded-up metabolism. One of the appetite controls in the human body is facilitated by endocannabinoids. THC from marijuana binds to the same receptors as endocannabinoids, fooling the body into thinking that it is hungry.
  11. Orange Bud Orange Bud

• Banned
    • Since: Mar 28, 2009
    Maybe you have a slight case of anxiety.