Medical marijuana for epilepsy

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by cbhardison, Sep 5, 2008.

1. cbhardison cbhardison

• Since: Sep 5, 2008
    I have had epilepsy ever since about 1995, and so far nothing has seemed to help control my seizures very well. I have been doing some research lately, and found out that marijuana has been proven to help with epilepsy. I live in Texas, and I know that some people here can get medical marijuana prescribed, so I was wondering if anyone here knew how I could find an online list of doctors who prescribe medical marijuana. Please, reply.
  2. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    • Since: Jun 13, 2004
    Are you saying other Texans you know of receives medical marijuana? I never heard of this. Medical marijuana is not legal in your state :(.
  3. cbhardison cbhardison

My trainer was telling me about some people who have gotten medical marijuana prescribed for them. I dont know anyone personally, but I trust him more than I do alot of people. Is there some number I could call, or something?
  4. CrazyBlaze CrazyBlaze

• Since: Mar 12, 2008
    Wow this is what ive been wondering for my brother. He is 16, and has had epilepsy since 14.. the doctors where going to do brain surgery on him. So we had to wait as we weere put on a waiting list [ `1 YEAR! ] And roughly after 8 months were up the doctors found that they couldnt preform surgery cause the epilepsy was on both sides of his brain, therfore they are not aloud to preform surgery on him... he is on meds now, and has seizures rarly now. I know he smokes weed he told me and he said it does help. my mom thaught it was a miracle cause ALL of a sudden he stopped having seizures.
  5. cbhardison cbhardison

Its funny you should say that, b/c they were gonna do the same thing with me, then they tested me for it and found out that they were coming from 2 places on me too, so the odds went down to something like 30%. I'll keep you posted on any new developments.
  6. CrazyBlaze CrazyBlaze

• Since: Mar 12, 2008
    Yea, sure. good luck
  7. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    There is no legal way to possess marijuana in the state of Texas. That state has no provisions for medical marijuana. Texas' marijuana laws
  8. cbhardison cbhardison

hey, stranger things have happened, I mean its legal in California now, and California usually sets the standard for the rest of the country, so its possible it could be possible to legally possess mj in Texas in the future. Until then, I guess I'll just have to try it illegally tho
  9. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    Texas, Utah, and Georgia will probably be the last states to legalize medical marijuana.
  10. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    Why is that?
  11. cbhardison cbhardison

what makes u think they'll be the last, just outta curiousity?
  12. buzz buzz

• Since: Sep 24, 2007
    I have epliepsy and have use marijuana to control my sezuires for almost four years now. We're going to vote this fall for medical marijuana in our state.:)

I'll take weed over sezuire medications anyday. Good luck........x:D
    1 people like this.
  13. eltone eltone

• Since: Jun 9, 2007
    Epilepsy and Medical Marijuana in Texas

I have heard from friends that possessing an ounce or less in Texas is pretty much decriminalized however a Medical Marijuana case (based on compassion like Cali's MMJ laws) doesn't stand a chance in Texas. They are just like Iowa, which by the way Buzzby I would be willing to bet Iowa will be the last state FORCED to legalize at least Medical Marijuana :( sad but true. A compassion case for the use of Medical Marhjuana is not legal because states like Iowa, Texas and many, many more still adopt the federal governments standing on Marijuana i.e. "There is no excepted medical use of Marihuana in the United States." :lock: Which is BS for in 1996 when California legalized Medical Marijuana that should have automatically been justified proof that Marijuana DOES have an excepted medical use in the United States. Last time I checked California was still part of the U.S. and had not yet tumbled into the sea :angel:. More to the point when I was 4, I was struck by a car, in a coma for 11 days and suffered abnormal brain wave patterns that are not epilepsy but very epileptic like. From age 8 to 16 I did suffer from Petite Mall, a mild form of epilepsy. As an adult I have had 2 Grand Mall seizures over a 30year period. Suddenly, about 4 years ago, my neuroligist informed me that my latest EEG came back normal!?!? "But I was told this was permanent doctor?" I said, and ahe responded, "There is so much we don't yet know about the brain and brain activity." When I told her I had been a cannabis smoker for 25 years (at that time) she did comment that the cannabis could very well have been the healing agent :hail:. There is no doubt, in my mind, that cannabis IS the "Healer Weed" not the "Killer Weed" our government wants us to believe.:mj2::mj2::mj2::mj2::mj2::mj::mj:
  14. Marvin420 Marvin420

• Since: Aug 23, 2008
    I can't speak for Buzzby but I'll give you my two cents as to why they'll be last. Those states are extremely conservative in their politics and religion (Southern Baptists and Mormons) plays an extremely important part in those states. Both of those sects tend to think of MJ as a devil weed and those that use MJ as being influenced by Satan.
  15. adam914 adam914

• Since: Mar 25, 2008
    Your trainer can probably help you find someone to hook you up with some weed. Don't worry about it being illegal. smoke inside your home buy weed from people in private, not public. and if you get pulled over do not give permission for a search. but if your a middle-aged man than I doubt they would ask unless you looked stoned. If you are worried about buying buy in large quantities, like an ounce at a time.
  16. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    They're three of the most conservative states in the union, filled with fundamentalist religionists of various stripes and people politically to the right of Genghis Khan.
  17. lifeman lifeman

• Since: Sep 7, 2008
    marijuana is good for everything you think of
  18. cbhardison cbhardison

Tell me this, is it good for depression? I've been suffering with it on and off almost my whole life.