Medical Marijuana in Indiana?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by kinghippo, Mar 28, 2006.

1. kinghippo kinghippo

• Since: Mar 28, 2006
    I live in Indiana and use medical marijuana for pain management for a spinal cord injury. Right now i'm just buying from a person I know and was wondering if there are any options for medical use in Indiana? I'm not brave enough to ask my doctor for information, I live in a small town and doubt he's open to the idea of medical marijuana.

I'm in quite a bit of pain everyday and don't like the idea of taking pain killers everyday, i'm pretty sure that's not very healthy. If anyone has information or is in the same situation as me any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. :D
  2. rex_everything rex_everything

• Since: Feb 25, 2005
    i live in indiana too and im afraid we have no med marijuana programs of any sort. in fact our laws so fucking harsh when it comes to weed, medical or not. what area are you in? im in southern indiana about 10 mins from louisvilly ky.
  3. kinghippo kinghippo

• Since: Mar 28, 2006
    I live about 45 minutes from Indy in a town called Kokomo. That's a bummer we can't get any help here. An uncle of mine has crohn's disease and gets prescribed a pill called marinol, I guess it's synthetic THC. Should I have a look into this?

Thanks again. :D
  4. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I grew up in Indiana, and I can tell you there is no medical marijuana in that state, unfortunately. BTW, I am from central Indiana.
  5. BetweenEternity BetweenEternity

• Since: Dec 2, 2010
    Unfortunately, Indiana has no medical marijuana laws.

I have a similar issue, I used marijuana to treat anxiety, clinical and seasonal depression, and migraines. However, I had to quit because I need a job and my mother found out (i'm 18) and threatened to kick me out. I refuse to take pain killers and drugs that manipulate the way my brain works because when I was put on antianxiety and antidepressant medicine it made me a shell of who I was and dulled every sense of being I had. Marijuana not only helped, but had started to fix it. Being without it is really difficult, but I'm currently trying to be as active and informed as I can to get medical marijuana legalized in Indiana, and if you want some information on how to help, I'll tell you as much as I know.

Yes, marinol is legal, but it is synthetic THC (which gives you the high, but NOT all the benefits of the WHOLE marijuana plant). It is worth a shot to see if it helps you, but be warned it isn't the same.

Unfortunately one of our senators, Cindy Noe, is poorly responsive to the subject (i've sent letters). But if you decide to be active and fight for the medicine that works for you, good! There are people right here with you!
  6. curious_1 curious_1

• Since: Dec 28, 2010
    Indiana medical marijuan a license

I know that this is not recognized here but it seems as though some people may have a license regardless? possibly? I am trying to find out if I can get one whether it is legal or not. I am not even sure where to go to get one. Any info would be great. Thanks
  7. orlando1 orlando1

• Since: May 13, 2011
    medical

I actually have a spinal cord injury and live in Indiana too...i wish there was medical because thats what helps the best