Medical Needs & Medical Cannabis

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by ChronicPatient, Mar 25, 2013.

1. ChronicPatient ChronicPatient

• Since: Mar 23, 2013
    I DO HAVE MY LETTER FROM MY DR. and wouldnt ask otherwise for info. out of respect for you and your expertise..
    I am wondering if you can recommend a strain(s) that is/are beneficial for
    A) digestive diseases.
    PTSD & Anxiety
    C) Pain
    D) nausea

I do not like feeling like I sipped a redbull. I DO NOT like to be sedated.
    I have "trainwreck" and "Dutch Treat". Both cost $162.50 a 1/2 o through the only local caregiver I could establish my medicine from.
    Thinking the trainwreck may be triggering aggitation/overwhelmed/frustration.
    Is that even possible?

Do you know of any online sources for seeds, etc?
    I am sorry to be a bother....
  2. ScrogBetty ScrogBetty

• Admin
    • Since: Aug 5, 2007
    Good Morning & TGIF Chronic Patient -

My husband also suffers from post traumatic stress disorder. As his primary means of medicating, he maintains a regular schedule of antidepressants along with four pre-roll joints a day [his daily quota].

Without being strain specific, because of the variables within each individual, I'm only going to write in generalities.

From what I can tell of PTSD, sleep equals healing. And sleep is something that's hard to get, as the nightmares seep into the subconscious mind. So sticking with a Indica, or Indica dominant hybrid is probably your best bet.

My husband avoids Sativas as they tend to fire up the very brain activities we are trying to sedate.

Here is a quick list of Indica dominant strains that you might look into... This information came from a website called SeedMine - a very comprehensive one-stop shop, where you can purchase just about any cannabis genetics you might be interested in.
    [IMG]
  3. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    I'm gonna half to agree with my friend here.A indica dom strain is what I would look for..Since you don't want your mind to race, but the hybrid should take away some sedation, to be able to function normally.So a mix/hybrid might be a good starting point.but at what split tho is hard to pinpoint.Shoot for the middle and get a 70/30/and a 60/40 and try them both out.

Now for a bad day, nightmare,anxiety,I really like a straight up indica..Since you want to take away the feelings or racing brain.Just bamm,kick that anxiety in the flippin face.

Dosage..Well that you may want to experiment with.try just a little at first,and up the dosage untill your normal everyday symtoms have the edge taken off.Always take a dose for sudden symtoms,cause they come on very suddenly.

But I digress..