Medicinal MJ & Ethics

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Canadian-Kid, Jul 15, 2002.

1. Canadian-Kid Canadian-Kid

• Since:
    Some background information:

My mothers side of the family has inherant chemical imbalances in the brain. Now, this isn't too bad, as it can be controlled by anti-depressants and what not. It's worse in my aunt, but my mom handles it fine. I've now found out that it's from a Serenotin(Sp?) imbalance ; rather, lack of. Apparently, the gland that is supposed to produce Serenotin, (Petuitary gland?) , doesn't 'make' enough.

I found out recently that this has been passed on to me. I'm not on anti-depressants or anything, but, I could get them because of this. Aside from bouts of anxiety, nothing is 'wrong' with me. I may need to be on them later in life,though, - who knows.

Now, my question is this : Would it be ethically alright to get medical marijuana because of this imbalance? Remember, though, that it isn't that big of a deal (The imbalance) as of right now.

What it all boils down to is thus: I can get it, but I don't really *need* it right now. Would you consider it ethically unsound to get medicinal MJ in my situation?

Thanks, everyone. Any imput would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Herb Ninja Herb Ninja

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Mar 21, 2002
    If you buy it from your dealer for medical reasons that seems ethical. If you go to a medical marijuana dispensery, and try and get some even though some people need it more, thats not as ethical in my opinion.
  3. Shroud Shroud

• Since: Apr 30, 2002
    As someone with bipolar and ADHD, I would tell you to leave the doctoring to a psychiatrist if your condition ever warrants the need of medication. I'm not suggesting that you not consider the use of medicinal marijuana. However, I would suggest that you at least decide upon it as a course of treatment after discussion with someone in the medical field.
  4. vaya vaya

• Activist
    • Since: Jun 20, 2002
    I have a couple things wrong with me that have been sorta under control as-of-late.

When I smoke and the days ensuing the day when I smoke, I feel happy. Its like a cure-all for me. If you can get it, I would. They produce enough anyway.(btw how can you get medical marijuana for depression??)
  5. Canadian-Kid Canadian-Kid

• Since:
    I had pretty much made up my mind already that I wasn't going to really look into getting it yet - As I would essentially be cheating a system that so many people have fought for. I just wanted to see everyone's oppinion on MJ / Ethics. Thanks for your imput, guys.
  6. AnarchistBarbie AnarchistBarbie

• Since: Mar 24, 2002
    Ultimately, if you are cautious and discreet, the more people using a system, the more the system demonstrates it has value - but the more often a system is abused, the more likely it will be attacked, or heavily altered.