Microwave Firecracker

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by 1956, Feb 24, 2011.

1. 1956 1956

• Since: Jul 23, 2008
    Gave it a try this morning, couldn't tell the difference between nuking it and cooking it in the oven.
    I didn't want to get it too hot so I gave it 3 x 10 second blast, 1 x 20 second blast, and 1 x 15 second blast. With a few minutes in between each one as I puttered around the house. Didn't really have a scheme for the times, just didn't want to overcook it, yet still wanted it cooked enough. Sure saved time.
  2. Kushy Kushy

• down
    • Since: May 2, 2009
    Did you feel the effects as heavily as if you oven'd it? I remember reading somewhere that microwaves can damage THC but I'm not sure if that's true, if you say you got the same effects, it's probably as efficient, maybe a little less... good to know, I'll try this out next time I'm in the mood for a homeade edible!
  3. 1956 1956

It's a little to hard to judge because I never weigh the weed just eyeball it and figure it's enough to do the trick. If anything was lost it was minimal. Maybe the repeated short blast of microwave made a difference, maybe the anti-microwave legend is all BS.

Worth a try for the simplicity. Edibles in under 60 seconds.
  4. 1956 1956

Did another microwave firecracker today. about .25 grams. 5 blast x 15 seconds each with a little time in between each blast. Can't imagine an oven would do any better.
    1 people like this.
  5. medme medme

• Since: Feb 7, 2011
    ok,,,,ya convinced me,,, i'll try one in the morning,,,

wow,,,a whole new snap,crackle,pop........