Milk Chocolate Weed

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by timech187, Dec 19, 2004.

1. timech187 timech187

• Since: Dec 19, 2004
    I have been experimenting with making weed chocolates. Normally I use a double-broiler to melt roughly 5-6 hershey's milk chocolate bars. At the same time I am sauteing a quarter ounce in some butter.

I check my chocolate, silky smooth and very pourable. However, when I put in the weed/butter, it kind of gets clumpy...like it's flouring up, like fudge or something.

I want smoooooth chocolate, for funny shapes and all.

Any ideas? Am I using too much weed? Should I not melt in butter?

Thanks!

Timech
  2. Fillabong Fillabong

• Since: Dec 16, 2004
    How much butter are you using?

THC boils @200 degrees celcius;) Careful not to burn your goodies!

Karma's Cannabutter is really good!
    Check it out!
  3. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    Correct, in a vaccum (ah good 'ole trivia survey), however butter burns well before 200 C :)

Try this instead: heat some vegetable oil up, add the finely powderized bud, and make CannaOil. Then melt your chocolate in a double boiler, but don't use Hershey's bars, that's not really chocolate. Try some semisweet or dark chocolate, add a little bit of condensed milk or cream, some sugar and a dash of salt, and the vegetable oil.
  4. Fillabong Fillabong

5. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    It's not actually going to be a forum :) It will be a standalone site, much like any other recipe site, but yeah people won't be able to comment or ask questions like a forum, it will be its own thing.
  6. Fillabong Fillabong

I like that idea even better! Just like the growguide but packed with recipes? Wow! A real cookbook!
  7. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    Exactly. For now it's just going to be a recipe site (http://recipes.marijuana.com ... don't try it yet, there's nothing there), but soon people will be able to submit recipes, email recipes, add recipes, etc. But right now people can just view recipes by category or alphabetically, rate recipes, and learn about cooking w/ cannabis and comming cooking (like cooking 101). Just wait, you'll kno when it's ready :)
  8. timech187 timech187

• Since: Dec 19, 2004
    So you guys are saying it's the butter that is making it "flour" up, become clumpy? I'm not burning my weed at all, just a nice saute, not too much heat. Trust me, the chocolates do their job, I just want the prettiest chocoloates on the block, ya know? :).

As for your recipe, I will give that a try on the next batch, sounds good! I want some good tasting chocolates, so they don't taste so much like weed...just more like chocolate. Cause unlike most weed users, I hate the taste of weed. I don't smoke at all, so eating has to be as enjoyable as possible.

Anyway, thanks again!!

Timech
  9. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    Ok, well you can use butter, but use ghee instead, which is clarified butter. It's simple enough to make, but it won't add that layer of milk solids on top that might be "flouring" up your chocolate.

To make ghee, I would make a lot actually, get a pound of butter. Place the butter in medium saucepan over medium-high heat. Bring the butter to a boil (takes about 2-3 minutes). When it starts to boil, reduce heat to medium. The butter will foam up and that will dissappear. A second foam will form, and that's how you know the ghee is done, because the butter will turn golden (takes about 7-8 minutes). Pour the butter through a fine mesh strainer (or cheesecloth) and into a container.

You don't have to refrigerate ghee either, it should last in an air-tight container for about a month.

And if you still don't know what ghee is, you know when you get lobster or crab legs, and they serve those little things of butter that are really golden, that's ghee, or clarified butter.
  10. icecoolmike icecoolmike

• Since: Sep 29, 2009