Moving to Colorado springs, what's it like?

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by Conscript, Jun 14, 2009.

1. Conscript Conscript

• Since: Apr 17, 2009
    This fall/winter my parents are selling/renting the house we live in now and are going to rent a house in colorado springs. I went there once a year ago for a couple days but I didn't really get to know anybody (was there for the beauty).

So are there anybody here that lives/lived in colorado springs that can tell me anything about it? Like, what the high schools are like, the cops, the prices of everyday things, what the people are like, shit like that. The only thing I hear so far is that there's good weed there ;)
  2. Alive-And-Dreaming Alive-And-Dreaming

• Since: Mar 10, 2008
    I live in Denver, but I have gone up to the springs a lot. The weed is, like anywhere else in CO, fantastic, but may be a little bit harder to find in the springs. The cops are ASSHOLES! Be careful up there, I've heard stories of people getting tickets for possession of weed b/c of resin in their pipes. There are plenty of good smoke spots, though, and lotsa woods.
  3. skipulas skipulas

• Since: Jun 16, 2009
    I live in Colorado Springs. The weed is usually high grade or schwag, kind of hard to find mids. And Colorado has decriminalized small amounts. If you're caught with less than an ounce it's considered a petty offense and the maximum penalty is a $100 fine.

The high schools pretty good. The richer school districts are mostly northern, the poorer districts are generally further south. As far as college, the biggest schools are University of Colorado at Colorado Springs, Colorado College, and Pikes Peak Community College (4 campuses across the city) There are also other schools such as Colorado Technical University, Pima, NAU, etc.

If you like outdoors stuff this is the place to be. Lots of great trails to go hiking, places to go camping, stuff like that.

The types of people you will meet are pretty evenly distributed. We've got people from and between all extremes of the political spectrum. You'll tend to find the city shifts from more liberal to more conservative the further you stray from downtown. But there are of course exceptions.

Prices for everyday things? Pretty average I'd say. Pretty much what you'd expect for a city this size. You can pretty much find everything you want, but if there's anything you think is missing, you can probably find it in Denver, about an hour and a half north drive up the interstate.

If you're in to music, the music scene isn't as established here as it is in Denver, but some good bands come in from time to time. Same goes for nightclubs - decent, but not like Denver.

I'm not sure what else to say, but if you have any questions I'll be happy to answer.
  4. k1ngTHC k1ngTHC

• Since: May 25, 2009
    There's definitely a lot of badass snowboarding spots ;)
    1 people like this.