My herb tastes like chemicalls

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by buddha tokin, Jan 6, 2008.

1. buddha tokin buddha tokin

• Since: Dec 15, 2007
    after smoking the fine bud, it tasted like a chemical aftertaste
    what is this caused by?:confused:
  2. drOnly drOnly

• its blunt o'clock
    • Since: Jul 18, 2006
    it could be a number of things.. the weed could have been sprayed with some kind of chemical or it could have been stored around some kind of chemical.. i would deffinitely not smoke anymore of it cause whatever chemical you are tasting could be deadly... i actually had some bud that smelled like bleach and i was pissed cause i didnt wanna smoke tainted weed.. ended up calling the dealer and he said he stored the bud in a cabinet with a bunch of cleaning shit to hide the smell.. i ended up throwing it away and havent called that guy since.
  3. chadwick chadwick

• Since: Sep 5, 2007
    well some weed does have a slight chemical after taste, so if it was just a hint of amonia or something like that than your fine, if it was decently strong than it was probably do to an amature grower that used fertilizer to late into the flowering, it could also be do to contamination

so if its a strong flavor than discard the bud, and if its a very light flavor its fine
  4. K0TT0NM0UTHK!NG K0TT0NM0UTHK!NG

• Since: Jun 12, 2007
    Well, the safest thing to do is to not smoke it. If it is a just a slight taste, you might be ok. But dont take my word for it. Does it burn your throat or anything, i mean more then normal marijuana smoke? It could just be the weed itself, such as the fertilizer still in the plant, or the weed stored wrong. There are plenty of reasons that it could taste that way.
  5. Viper420 Viper420

• Since: Sep 23, 2007
    Some weed grown indoors hydroponically needs to be flushed before they are harvested. The nutrient solution that is used contains alot of fertilizers and chemicals the plant needs. The grower will exchange this mixture with pure water just before harvest time to help remove that "chemical" taste. It's either that or someone sprayed some chemicals on it. Possible poor curing techniques might make it taste nasty also.
  6. buddha tokin buddha tokin

• Since: Dec 15, 2007
    thanks guys, i smoked 4 bowls of it last night and it really burned my throat, more then usual. I'm still deciding if i should keep it or trash it.

By the way, it was a 1\2 O of sticky bud :p
  7. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Hydro needs to be flushed for two weeks or even more to get the chemicals out of it before harvest. I've had a chemical taste before, and I've always chalked it up to that. I can't imagine why anyone would haphazardly spray weed with random "chemicals?"
  8. Viper420 Viper420

• Since: Sep 23, 2007
    Some people have a morbid sense of humor.
  9. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Commercial growers want to be able to sell their harvest for a good price. If they screw up and do something that makes it less appealing to buyers, it's not on purpose.