My weed has mold? Throw it out?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by runnershigh, Feb 3, 2010.

1. runnershigh runnershigh

• Since: Jan 4, 2010
    Bought it two weeks ago. Very sticky, stinky, nice buzz. Left it in an airtight sandwich bag. Opened it today and it's infested with grayish stringy mold. I'm so bummed. What can I do to salvage it? I'm drying it right now in a warm room. What else can I do? I saw another post said "vape it." What is that? Thank you for any suggestions and input.
  2. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    Throw it out.
    Sorry mate, I know it hurts, but sucking mold spores down into your respiratory system will likely hurt a hell of a lot more.
    Chalk it up to experience and move on...
  3. hector hector

• Since: Jun 19, 2009
    i would not smoke it. it can probably make you sick. vap it means to consume the weed using a vaporizer which is an expensive device.
  4. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    Vaporizers run the gamut as far as initial cost is concerned.
    You can buy perfectly good portable vapes for 50 bucks or so. You can even make them for next to nothing (except for your own labor).
    When you factor in the fact that you save money by vaping instead of smoking then you end up saving money in a fairly short period of time.

The end result is the fact that factoring in the cost (even a mid range of +-175-200 dollars) and the ensuing savings in having to use less weed than you do smoking, is that smoking and smoking devices are expensive...
    1 people like this.
  5. runnershigh runnershigh

• Since: Jan 4, 2010
    Darn, I was afraid of that. I talked to one friend who said go for it, but most informed opinions have agreed that it's dangerous. Won't the act of lighting it destroy the mold? Can the mold be killed by drying it?
  6. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    Nope,
    On a non organic surface, with enough time, direct light and airflow it will be mitigated to a large degree.
    Marijuana however, is an organic material. You'd destroy the desired psychoactive structure way before neutralizing the mold spores...
    1 people like this.
  7. Hellraz0r Hellraz0r

• Since: Jan 1, 2010
    That was pretty deep, sterbo.
  8. Texas Toker Texas Toker

• Since: Apr 9, 2009
    PERHAPS PICK THOUGH IT. IT CANT ALLLLLL BE BAD.opps caps:D
  9. Big Nate Big Nate

• Since: Dec 12, 2009
    Just smoke around it
    1 people like this.
  10. DrugZ DrugZ

• Banned
    • Since: Oct 25, 2009
    Throw it out -.-
    A new bag is cheaper then a doctor visit cause you fucked yourself up.
  11. Zocalo Zocalo

• Since: Sep 26, 2008
    And making up a credible excuse for your parents, if you still live with them/aren't cool with you toking.
  12. sillyweed420 sillyweed420

• Since: Oct 8, 2010
    I am new to this site and bought some stuff recommended from a friend and my question is what is the best way to dry it cause when i got my package in the mail it was very very wet and sticky i have let it sit out in a warm room for 3 days and is still sticky i have used the microwave on 50% and dried it and it seem to burn it a little so should i just leave it for another day or so????