Need Doctor: Windsor, Ontario

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Gorefest, May 14, 2009.

1. Gorefest Gorefest

• Since: May 10, 2009
    I recently moved back to Windsor, Ontario Canada after living in the US for several years. I am in need of a prescriber for medical marijuana in my city. I have searched the web and several web sites//forums but have not been able to find a name. I currently have a psychiatrist and a general practitioner but am not comfortable asking either of them for medical marijuana as I consider both of them "old school". I am seeking medical marijuana for relief of anxiety, depression, and symptoms of psychosis. I am currently on some psych meds and have tried many others in the past. They are relieving some of my symptoms but in no way are they relieving all of them. If you know of a suitable doctor in the Windsor, Ontario area please let me know.

:confused:
  2. DRWWadsworth DRWWadsworth

• Since: Mar 20, 2009
    My friend lives in Toronto and he says marijuana is legal in Canada. NO?
  3. doyoulikegreen doyoulikegreen

• Since: Feb 17, 2009
    Marijuana isn't "legal" in Canada...

but things are a lot more lax here than most other countries, including the US.
  4. Up In Smoke Up In Smoke

• Since:
    Marijuana is in fact Legal in Canada.

You must possess a medical marihuana card, however.

Your stated ailments are suitable for legal marijuana consumption in Canada.

Ask your current doctor to give you a referral, if they feel uncomfortable.

You must have past experience with modern mecidines (without success) to be considered for a mmj license.
  5. DRWWadsworth DRWWadsworth

• Since: Mar 20, 2009
    Up in Smoke:

Are you saying that Cannabis is legal only for those people who have the Medical Marijuana Card?

I was told by my Canadian friend in Toronto, as a blanket statement, "marijuana is legal in Canada." It is not?