Never cleaned my pipe with alcohol before

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by TheQuestionMark, Dec 10, 2008.

1. TheQuestionMark TheQuestionMark

• Since: Nov 27, 2008
    If i use salt and isopropyl alcohol to clean my glass pipe out will the resin still be good to smoke after the alcohol evaporates or will there be too much salt leftover in the resin?
  2. O High O O High O

• Since: Oct 18, 2007
    I'd go without the salt if I planned on smoking the resin, just let the pipe soak longer.
  3. Wicked Wicked

• Since: Mar 13, 2008
    I agree. Just imagine, resin tastes like shit as-is, imagine the salty taste on top of it.
  4. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    Yes, forgo the salt.
    Unless your piece is really dirty the salt is unnecessary.
    The resins will settle onto the bottome of whatever vessel you use to do the soaking in.
    Once clean, remove the pipe and let the alcohol evaporate from the container. Rather than smoke it directly I would take the scraped resins and put them onto some bud whether it be in a bowl (for smoking or vaping) or into a rolled joint etc.
    .:cool:
  5. str8dank str8dank

• Since: May 8, 2008
    I personall wouldnt smoke the resin after a soaking in alcohol, if you want to smoke it i would boil it and let all of the resin come out of the pipe then dump the resiny water through a coffee filter then let the resin dry out a little bit then smoke it. It is just something about smoking it after it has been soaked in alcohol that would just seem unpleasing.
  6. cj117 cj117

• Surfer Monkey
    • Since: Oct 28, 2007
    Why would you smoke your resin? You know that's almost all tar?
  7. TheQuestionMark TheQuestionMark

• Since: Nov 27, 2008
    Decided not to smoke the resin, poured it all down the sink. probly would have been nasty anyways. pipe is so clean now. time to go use it :woohoo:
  8. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    ^
    Good call.
    Enjoy...:)