New Approach Washington (NAW) Wants Conversation About Legalizing Marijuana

Discussion in 'The Drug War Headline News' started by ScrogBetty, Oct 11, 2012.

?

Is this a better approach than Colorado's

Yes 0 vote(s) 0.0%
No 2 vote(s) 33.3%
Who care's... Just legalize it 4 vote(s) 66.7%
  1. ScrogBetty ScrogBetty

• Admin
    • Since: Aug 5, 2007
    Source 10.10.2012
  2. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    My only major objection to the Washington bill is the per se DUI provision. At the 5 ng/ml linit, I and every other medical marijuana user would always be at risk of getting a DUI without being in the least impaired. Marijuana is not alcohol and per se don't make any sense for a drug that creates tolerance so quickly.

That wouldn't keep me from voting for it. Overall, it's a step in the right direction. It can always be modified down the road.
  3. Active mind Active mind

• Since: Sep 20, 2012
    This approach needs to be on a federal level. United States needs to move forward as one unit not individual states. Cannabis not only must be legal but also percieved as a positive medicine instead of a useless drug.
  4. friedfever friedfever

• Since: Jan 15, 2012
    I'm with Buzzby. Lets just legalize it and then we can tweak it later on. It will just take another couple of court cases arguing that the limits set by LE for DUI MJ are really out of touch.
  5. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    "This approach needs to be on a federal level. United States needs to move forward as one unit not individual states""

Sorry,,alcohol prohibition ended the same way we are ending marijuana prohibition,,one state at a time until the federal government gave up,,because then as now,,bureaucrats and politicians do not end policies that are making their funding and the funding keeping marijuana prohibited is huge,,,but it is growing more costly every day,,with every nail driven into prohibition's coffin by each state that legalizes cannabis,,medical or recreational.
  6. claygooding claygooding

• DrugWarVeteran
    • Since: May 13, 2009
    "This approach needs to be on a federal level. United States needs to move forward as one unit not individual states""

Sorry,,alcohol prohibition ended the same way we are ending marijuana prohibition,,one state at a time until the federal government gave up,,because then as now,,bureaucrats and politicians do not end policies that are making their funding and the funding keeping marijuana prohibited is huge,,,but it is growing more costly every day,,with every nail driven into prohibition's coffin by each state that legalizes cannabis,,medical or recreational.
  7. BillieBudd BillieBudd

• Since: Oct 3, 2005
    I agree with Clay...no way it is coming from the Fed level until they are forced to...jury nullification and state level legalization is the only way this idiocy will end...