OG

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by shoreweed, Dec 16, 2008.

1. shoreweed shoreweed

• Since: Oct 21, 2008
    I know this might be a bad question but in a strain such as OG Kush or OG Herojuana what does the OG stand for. My friend said it was like Over Grown or something. Does anyone know?
  2. Zaireeka Zaireeka

• Since: Sep 13, 2007
    I myself am curious to what OG stands for. One of my favorite bands, Akron/Family, has a song titled "Pony's OG", and given the nature of the band, I have no doubt it is a sly marijuana reference.
  3. air-wick air-wick

• Since: Nov 13, 2008
    original gangsta!
    6 people like this.
  4. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    airwick is right in that being the most common useage of the letters... however, my guess would be somehting like "orignal genetics" or somehting
  5. ohganja420 ohganja420

• Since: Oct 11, 2008
    its original gangster. it got the name like that because OG strains are rlyrlyrly good, and the OG title when given to anything is supposed to say that its rly badass
    thats why rappers used/use the title
  6. Mushroom Man Mushroom Man

• Feeling eternal..
    • Since: Feb 20, 2007
    I think it stands for many things, all slang and never really defined. So I guess everyone's answers are technically 'right'. OG stands for anything that is at the top of the potent scale, signifying it is a extremely good strain.
  7. shoreweed shoreweed

• Since: Oct 21, 2008
    I kind of don't think it is something slang or that a rapper made up because when I wnt to India I bought weed there and they called it OG Hindu Kush. Which sounded weird and I wasn't sure about quality until I tried it. HOLY SHIT!!!!!! It was one of the best strains I have ever had in my life. It was like really dank Kush but covered with this crazy indian hash oil. AMAZING and CHEAP!!!
  8. Gale Gale

• Since: Dec 8, 2008
    OG in my area is used for weed that is suppose to be fire or bomb stuff, its really interchangeable, all it means is, is that the shit will leave you standing there wondering what the hell just happened.
  9. newcarcaviar newcarcaviar

• Since: Nov 29, 2004
    Outdoor Grown? I really have no clue, just a stab in the dark.
  10. dirtbomb dirtbomb

• Hippie
    • Since: Sep 1, 2008
    It's Original Gangster! :)
    Of course it could be:
    Outstanding Ganja. Oh Goodness (Shirley Temple Reefer) OOOOOh Gone. Optimal Goodness. Oddly Green. OG-vorbis (A strange new strain that makes you hear badly distorted open source streaming audio in your brain.) Old Gump
    (Gives you the feeling that you're not too bright to begin with and now you're becoming senile.)
    1 people like this.
  11. rickforpresident rickforpresident

• Since: Nov 9, 2008
    orange gatorade kush og kush for short is named for its sweet orange flavor
  12. green meadows green meadows

• Since: Oct 1, 2010
    It actually means Ocean Grown and refers to strains that originated in the coastal areas of california.
  13. FriendlyListener FriendlyListener

• Since: Jul 10, 2010
    And I'm sure everyone from 2008 is relieved to now know this.
  14. wildcat420 wildcat420

• Since: Jun 17, 2008
    It means Ocean Grown, located in southern california/grown in/started in...thats were it got its name.