Ontario: Possession Charge

Discussion in 'Legal Issues' started by Ontarian, Aug 16, 2010.

1. Ontarian Ontarian

• Since: Aug 16, 2010
    I was recently charged with possession and am wondering what the likely outcome might be. Long story short, I'm 25 and recently met up at a school with a friend of mine and his gf. They took some pipe hits and we were leaving when the cops showed up. Everything was put away by the time they showed up, but they decided to search our cars anyways. My friends had about 5 grams in total in his car and her purse and then the cops searched my car and found 1 gram that I had. They charged us with possession and now I have a court date.

Anyone ever had a similar situation? Any feedback would be appreciated. This would be my first offense. I spoke with a lawyer, who feels he could get the charges withdrawn, but his legal fees are ranging between $1500 - $2000 and I'm really broke right now. Is it worth it for me to get a lawyer?
  2. devvo6786 devvo6786

• Since: May 3, 2010
    no dont get a lawyer. go in. say sorry. youll get fines/community service/drug classes etc. small slap on the wrist for first offenses
  3. Nick360 Nick360

• Since: May 7, 2008
    About 450,000 people a year go through that. Considering the small amount and canadas laws u should be fine.