organic fertilizers for the flowering stage !!!

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by n0va59, Aug 3, 2011.

1. n0va59 n0va59

• Since: Aug 2, 2011
    ok I am right in the middle of my very 1st grow and I have a female in bud right now....I have been using miracle grow all purpose 24-8-16 for the veg stage but have been reading that a higher potassium is better for flowering.
    Have read about using a molasses tea and was wondering if I could also make a tea out of bananna peels as they are really high in potassium....has anyone thought of this idea...I do believe imma try it and I will repost my findings.
    Here are some pics I snapped yesterday of the lady starting her flower n imma start the bananna tea this week (feeding is done on Sunday) I am hoping to get a banana flavour lol just joking,,,,kinda...sorta...Let me know what ya'll think.

Attached Files:

2. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    Upload pictures directly to the site by going advanced and clicking on the manage attachments tab at the bottom..So we can click on the pictures and not have to look at a tiny photo.
    1 people like this.
  3. n0va59 n0va59

thanks for the help !)
  4. n0va59 n0va59

when life hands you lemons....you better get a lot of sugar..these r suspected males

:thumb:

Attached Files:

5. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Looking good..What week are you in week 2 maybe 3??
  6. Buds_Of_Steele Buds_Of_Steele

• Your Undisputed Disputer
    • Since: Jul 11, 2009
    You won't get a banana flavour. terpenes don't work the way. The plant will produce its own terpenes (scent and flavour molecules) based on genetics. Terpenes present in the soil or whatever it is you are using to feed the plant will not alter its flavour
  7. n0va59 n0va59

just starting week 2 now and yea I was kinda joking about the banana flavour...found a recipe 4 tea using molasses and dried frozen banana peel so i'm going to try it this week...and i'm pulling those males tomorrow so now I am down to 2 for sure females...
  8. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Are you sure theirs males..Do they have balls yet?

Molassas is supposed to me one teaspoon per gallon, I beleive..If you got oo heavy on the molassas your plant can turn red..
    1 people like this.
  9. n0va59 n0va59

nah not sure they r males yet...not 100% anyway that's why I am waiting a bit..(off topic tho) ok 1tsp per gallon on the molassas then (don't want red leaves) only red eyes after smoking..lol btw the 3 plants together are the suspected males and the little one by itself is almost surly a female

Attached Files:

10. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Just wait a while on those 3 suspected males to find out if they grow balls or not..Does the suspected female have hairs already?
  11. n0va59 n0va59

Yes the smaller suspected female has hairs already...the three suspected males are showing no hairs that I can see (that's why I think they male...but I will wait..lmao it's so nerve wracking ! !

Now I am kinda hooked on growing tho and already planning an indoor grow for winter. I have 2 spaces in mind, 1 is a totally enclosed bedroom closet (I will remove the few clothes in there,) the other is a corner of my dining room where there is already a place to hang a light (I have one already too from my sons snake)
    Tell me what you think of the spaces ? I can pretty much control the environment of both spaces as I live alone and a chinese screen easily hides the plant in dining room if necessary. I was planning over in the far corner where the wicker chair is now and the light could hang from the hook where the empty planter is hanging/

Attached Files:

12. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    I Would do the closet..But if you have a 1bedroom then you have to find a place to put the clothing..Ohter than that I see nothing wrong with it..

In the corner of the room I can see a porblem with that cause if you have people over there gonns see it..It's supposed so be a secret..And also during the day the lihgt would shine in on it, so I think thats a bad spot..

You also have alot of plants..I was kinda shocked by that..But that also does insure you clean air to breath, LOL..
  13. Brassmusic Brassmusic

• Since: Jun 3, 2011
    Converting the closet, imo... would be your best bet. :D
  14. n0va59 n0va59

lol yes I am a gardener my nature iv'e just never tried my hand at this beautiful plant we all love so much till now. Thanks for the advice I will use the closet I believe. the clothes can be easily put in another closet. and the closet has an actual door that closes as opposed to sliding ones.

Yes my house air is very clean..lmao till I dirty it up with all my smoke :-s but lately I been vaping so it's not so bad.

Want to thank you all for all your help and I have ANOTHER question...the container my flowering lady is in is clear plastic and kinda small. I've been told I should move her asap to a darker container and larger. Wouldn't that hurt her more now tho because she has already started to flower ?

And lastly, yes I do believe the smaller suspected female is the same strain (sat dom) you said as the tall gangly girl and it almost certainly is a female. I will be moving her to a larger home in the next week or so.
  15. Brassmusic Brassmusic

• Since: Jun 3, 2011
    You just don't want the roots to see the light of day. If the planter is large enough to house the plant through flowering, than maybe just light proof the planter. Transplanting during flowering will slow the flowering from the transplant shock.

Brass
  16. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    Duct tape can always be used to darken the container so no light disturbs the root system..
  17. n0va59 n0va59

ya I can do that with the duct tape....not sure if container big enough but at this point I believe its too late to move her but i will certainly move her sister asap cause she still small n in veg...
  18. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    It will take a few days for the re potet plant to recoop from transplant..So if you see any weird signs after transplant ignore them, and it will pop back to life in a week or less...
    1 people like this.
  19. n0va59 n0va59

ok I covered the flowering girls container with black electrical tape and I will be moving her sister this evening to a 5 gallon paint bucket so she will grow into it. the 3 suspect males I'm leaving as is till I know for sure.

I also made my molasses and banana peel tea today for sundays feeding for my girl...I put a few egg shells in as well so I will post results after sundays feeding. I will watch her closely tho...the recipe I used was 3 gallons of water...2 tsp of blackstrap molasses, 2 banana peels (dried and frozen) and 2 crumpled egg shells, I also had a bit of kelp so I threw that in to...although it wasn't much
  20. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    The eggshels are supposed to go into the soil..LOL..

Are you sure you did 2 tspoon, not tablespoons?Or about a half of a table spoon?Or in this case one full tablespoon for two gallons?