Pasta Sauce

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Panama, Mar 2, 2001.

?

Rate this Recipe (5 being the best)

1 0 vote(s) 0.0%
2 0 vote(s) 0.0%
3 1 vote(s) 33.3%
4 0 vote(s) 0.0%
5 2 vote(s) 66.7%
  1. Panama Panama

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 8, 2000
    Ingredients:
    • 1 can (6 oz.) Tomato Paste
    • 2 tablespoons Olive Oil
    • 1/2 cup chopped Onions
    • 1/2 cup chopped Marijuana
    • 1 pinch pepper
    • 1 can (6 oz.) water
    • 1/2 clove minced garlic
    • 1 bay leaf
    • 1 pinch thyme
    • 1/2 teaspoon salt
    • 1 teaspoons Italian Seasoning
    • 1 teaspoons Oregano

Mix in large pot, cover and simmer with frequent stirring for at least two hours (as with any sauce the longer you simmer the better it'll taste.) Serve over spaghetti. (Serves 4.)

Meat lovers may wish to brown 1 lb of hamburger and add it to the simmering sauce.
  2. Crow Crow

• Since:
    I too got this idea a little while ago...

just some tips. Use real canned tomatoes instead of paste. the sauce will have a much better flavor. The only other changes i would make is get rid of the oregano and italian seasoning. people don't realize it, but the plainer the sauce, the better it tastes. oh and, if you use canned tomatoes, don't add the water.
  3. Slightly Stoopid Slightly Stoopid

• Since: Mar 2, 2001
    Hey Pan!

Subsituite real tomatoes instead of that tomatoe paste, and water! They come in cans already chopped up, that is how my mom makes marinara and she is a awesome cooK!
    Also go for Italian Sausage instead of hamburger meat:)
  4. Panama Panama

• Seasoned Activist
    Tomato Paste vs Chopped Tomatoes

Yup, a can of chopped tomatoes will work just as well, but it also means at least 6 hours of simmer time in order for the tomato chunks to thicken into a sauce otherwise you have a soup.;)

As for the seasonings, whether you add them or not in purely a matter of taste. Personally, I like a spicy sauce, so I usually end up adding more than is called for as the sauce simmers.:)

Pan
  5. Slightly Stoopid Slightly Stoopid

Neh, my mom cooks a badass sauce in little over half an hour. You arne't suppose to simmer it down that much, but i remember she also uses tomato paste, i guess that is a difference??

Also you should think about putting mushrooms in your sauce, maybe some big portabellas, or a few oyster mushrooms. I love marinara sauce, you can put it over everything!
  6. Panama Panama

• Seasoned Activist
    Mushrooms

A little fungus is good for what ails ya.:D

Actually, I usually serve some stuffed mushrooms when I make any kind of a pasta dish. I have a pretty good recipe for them, but there's no weed involved. I s'pose the recipe could always be adapted to have marijuana in it though.

Back to the recipe.

If you decide to add mushrooms I'd suggest using a small can of B&B sliced mushrooms. You won't want to use more or they'll overpower the sauce.:)
  7. Slightly Stoopid Slightly Stoopid

I never actually made edible marijuana before. I guess it is because i am still living with the parents, and they don't go on vacation enough.

I had a freind that got busted infusing marijuana with butter, he said thier house smelt like pot for a whole day.

Also what is your stuffed mushroom recipe? I love mushrooms more than anything! They are so meaty and delicious! I love food so much, i get high of it without the herb:)
  8. Megaweapon Megaweapon

• Since: Oct 25, 2000
    Ya know, for someone who claims "burnt water" is his speciality you sure sound like someone who spends way too much time in the kitchen Pan :D
  9. Panama Panama

• Seasoned Activist
    Okee dokee

Stoopid, I'll dig out my stuffed mushroom recipe and post it sometime soon.:)

Mega, I'm 40 years old and never been married, so I've cooked a meal or two.;) Actually, I like to cook, but I don't consider myself a good cook. (If that makes any sense.) I took Home Ec. for all 4 years of highschool and I love to eat *rubs tummy* and I love to cook for my friends, so I'm always trying new stuff. :)
  10. Slightly Stoopid Slightly Stoopid

mmmmmm

A few hours ago I started to simmer my buds in butter, on very low heat. And then, i used the cannabudder in this Pasta sauce and it was oohhhh so good. Oh btw i opted for 1 pound of italian sausage in my sauce:) I split the dish between my cousin who is in town for a college basketball game. My mom is out for the rest of today so it was perfect timing.

I am just now noticing how high i am, and being the first time i have eaten marijuana, i love it! This high is amazing, it is like people say a whole different high than smoking. And surprisingly the marijuana taste was not too overpowereing, and it tasted great.

Next i need to try that apple recipe that panama has also shared with us. But i will save that for another day, right now i am just enjoying.

Oh and a quick question. My vision seems to have improved in the past couple of hours, i noticed i could see the score int he Illinoise vs Indiana game, and normally i couldn't see the small numbers, is this common? also my sense of sound is also alot better, I have some Pink Floyd playing right now and it is putting a big smile on my face.
  11. EmperorBadger EmperorBadger

• Since:
    tomato paste/real tomatoes

When ever I cook spaghetti sauce, I use canned tomatoes and tomato paste. If I have a lot of time on my hands, I use fresh tomatoes.

Tomato paste is basically condensed tomato sauce. I find that the thing it's most useful for is thickening sauces mad with canned tomatoes or tomato puree. Using tomato paste as a base for your sauce isn't the best way to go since your taking a dehydrated form of tomato sauce and adding water so the taste won't be as good. Think of the difference between fresh squeezed OJ and concentrate. The concentrate works, it tastes OK, but it's just not the same.
  12. butterfly_420 butterfly_420

• Since:
    Just wondering

I'm a college student and love to do things the easy way...so I was wondering if you could just use spagetti sauce out of the can and add the weed...??? :)
  13. EmperorBadger EmperorBadger

• Since:
    butterfly, if you add the oil (to absorb some THC, I'm not even sure if you'd need it since you leave the weed in) and simmer it for two hours as the recipe states, the potency of the sauce should not be changed. The taste, however, will be. I'd probably take the extra time since marijuana spaghetti is a treat and it cooking is relaxing for me.

-EB
  14. EmperorBadger EmperorBadger

• Since:
    Marijauana Meat Sauce With Hot Italian Sausage

Rather than making all these suggestions, I figure I'll just post a recipe of my own. This takes a while to make but is well worth the effort as the taste is much fresher than a sauce made with tomato paste and the ground beef and sausages add *a lot* of flavor. This is a large recipe so get some friends to put some time and/or weed into it.

Ingredients:

(sun-dried tomato paste)

1 package (3.5 oz) sun-dried tomatoes
    2 tablespoons olive oil
    1 handful fresh basil
    10 cloves garlic (peeled and chopped)
    Salt and Pepper to taste

(sauce)

3 cans (28 oz.) whole peeled tomatoes
    1 can (6 oz.) tomato paste
    5 hot (or mild, you weenie) Italian sausages
    5-10 green onions (chopped)
    1/4 green pepper (chopped)
    1 pound ground beef
    1 handful oregano
    1 handful basil
    1 handful parsley
    1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
    2 bay leaves
    Salt and Pepper to taste
    *weed*

Sun dried tomato paste (make this first):

Boil the sun-dried tomatoes in about two cups of water for three to four minutes or until they are soft. Remove the tomatoes leaving any seeds that fell out behind and place in a blender or food processor with about a quarter cup of the water you boiled them in. Chop up the basil and add it along with the olive oil, garlic, salt and pepper. Blend until it is about the consistency of canned tomato paste.

Sauce:

Dump sun-dried tomato paste and all three cans of tomatoes into a large sauce pan. Leave the can of tomato paste out as you might not need it. Add all of the ingredients except the onions, ground beef, and sausage. You don't want to put to many in at this point. You can always add more later but you can never take anything out. Put the sauce over low heat while you make the ground beef and sausage.

Put the ground beef and onions into a frying pan over medium-high heat. Cook until all the meat is browned, keeping the ground beef finely chopped. Drain the fat and add the beef and onions to the sauce.

In the same pan, cook the sausage for about 15 minutes at medium high heat. The sausage should be almost fully cooked but not completely. It needs to cook for a while in the sauce for the best possible taste.

Once all the ingredients are added to the sauce turn up to medium heat and cook covered for about 1 hour to fully cook the sausage. You *must* stir this regularly or you will have a burned mess. Don't let it sit for more than five minutes and, if you do, don't blame me when your sauce sucks.

After one hour, taste and add more herbs and spices as desired. Simmer on low heat for at least two hours. If the sauce is still thin at this point add the can of tomato paste to thicken things up a bit.

*adding weed*

Normally, when I make this, I don't put weed until the whole batch. I set aside however much I want to have weed in and after the sausages have cooked in the sauce for one hour and simmer it separately (with one or two of the sausages in it for flavor). I use about the same ratio as Panama. A half ounce for four or five people is generally enough to get everyone pretty darn high. You don't even need that much, in fact. Just make sure the weed is very finely chopped with all stems and seed removed and dump it in the sauce before you simmer it. Whenever you cook this sauce with weed, you should up the seasoning just a bit to help mask the taste of weed.

------

Suggestions:

Don't leave out the sun-dried tomatoes or the green pepper. They are what provide most of the "fresh" taste for this recipe. If you want to take a shortcut, make the sun-dried tomato paste and add it to pre-made sauce.

Taste the sauce continually and add more ingredients accordingly. If you follow this recipe to the letter, it'll be good. If you use your own judgement, it can be perfect.
    As in all cooking, the fresher the herbs you use, the better. You can used dried but the taste *won't* be the same.

You can use crushed or diced canned tomatoes but using the whole ones improves the texture quite a bit.

If you have a lot of time and patience, de-seed the tomatoes before you use them. Just scoop them out with your fingers. It supposedly makes the sauce less bitter but, when I've done it, it hasn't affected the taste much.

If anyone wants to know how to make this recipe from fresh tomatoes, let me know. I will be more than happy to post it. It takes a little more time but, if the tomatoes are in season, it's absolutely delicious beyond your wildest dreams.

Enjoy!

Since you made the sauce, make someone else do the dishes :)

Coming soon: Weed Lasagna.
  15. Panama Panama

• Seasoned Activist
    Excellent!

My mouth actually started to water as I read that Recipe, EB!

I rate this recipe with 5 stars *****
  16. 4green2life0 4green2life0

• Since: Nov 3, 2012
    Sorry for posting on this ancient thread but I'm about to make this reciepe and have a couple questions:
    -Is 1/2 cup of cannabis really necessary? and about how many grams would that be?
    -Wouldn't boiling less cannabis in the oil before adding it in be equally efficient and more cost effective??