people that are against weed

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by xKamui, Sep 22, 2009.

1. xKamui xKamui

• Since: May 11, 2009
    some of my friends know that i smoke weed and they said it can cause lung cancer and kill brain cells. i told them about the benefits of weed but they said those are lies and they asked me if i remember anything from health class. now, i like weed and i support it but are the negative things that people say about weed true? is it wrong to smoke weed like many people say?
  2. SkinnyP SkinnyP

• Since: Sep 30, 2002
    smoking anything isnt good for you.

weed isnt going to give you cancer, and holding your hit in too long will kill brain cells.
  3. sterbo sterbo

• sailor dog...
    • Since: Feb 10, 2007
    It's not the marijuana that would kill your brain cells, it would be the lack of oxygen...:rolleyes:
    1 people like this.
  4. xKamui xKamui

• Since: May 11, 2009
    how many seconds would be considered long? i sometimes hold it in for 5 seconds.
  5. DanKJuggalo DanKJuggalo

• Since: Oct 27, 2008
    If your holding it for as long as you can then you probably are killing brain cells. If you can hold it for 5 seconds and easily hold it for longer then you should be fine ;)
  6. geriness geriness

• Since: Jun 11, 2009
    there is tar from the smoke thats going to stay in your lungs. more than in cigarettes, actually. but whatever
  7. Zebra Zebra

• Since: Mar 27, 2009
    I hold my hits for 2 to 3 seconds. I don't think holding it in for a long time is necessary at all, and I doubt it would make a big enough difference as to how high I get if I hold it in longer. I've never heard of someone getting lung cancer from weed. 0 people die a year from pot, so that's enough evidence for me to keep toking.
  8. LiveForMusic1827 LiveForMusic1827

• Since: Oct 18, 2008
    People be for real....the only dangerous thing about marijuana is the government throwing hundreds of thousands of people in jail for it. You can make an argument that candy is bad for you and that it shortens your life...it doesnt mean your gonna spend your whole life obsessing about candy killing you. If something makes you happy then any side effects (if any) were there, it wouldnt cause you to not do something just because it takes off a few years of your life. Stay fit. Eat Healthy. Die anyway. Thats the concept that I live by because you can be the healthiest person in the world..it doesnt mean your gonna live forever. It seems the people who want to live longer are those who are extremists in their religion....almost like they know their religion is to good to be true. People know these things they're instinctual. All in all people that are against weed have simply never taken the time to realize the benefits of this plant. For most of them, knowing its illegal is the main reason they dont do it, which makes sense but sometimes happiness is worth the risk.
    1 people like this.
  9. SkinnyP SkinnyP

Hey smart guy, I didn't say it was. Obviously its the lack of oxygen.

Don't roll your eyes at me.
  10. UpInFlames UpInFlames

• Since: May 15, 2009
    You need to chill out, all you said was that smoking kills braincells, he specified it for the value of the reader.

To answer your question, the most dangerous thing about marijuana is the possibility of getting caught. It's been proven to reduce your risk of cancer, and if anything it actually stimulates your braincells rather than kill them. If you play it smart, you should expirience no harm to your body. But that's only if you play it smart...
  11. desiremj desiremj

• Since: Jun 28, 2009
    My beef with D.A.R.E is that they blatently lie to the kids.And this can effect a kid and make them try worse shit. Now I'm not condoning telling a bunch of 4th graders to smoke weed, but to tell then they will die from it is really dumb on their part. Eventually a good percentage of those kids will at least smoke once, and when they realize it didn't kill them, and in fact it felt great, they will wonder what other things their health class lied to them about, which involves other drugs, real drugs that can kill you. They will try one of those addicting drugs, and really screw themselves up. They can say Marijuana is a lifestyle, and they have a choice to join the lifestyle, and either embrace it or be opposed to it. But never tell them this will kill them,

I can't stand people who judge me solely on my smoking weed. They will find me hilarious, and look at me like I have 2 heads when I say I smoke. I hear "I thought you were a good kid." Which is BS because weed doesn't change me. Those people aren't worth my time, and they shouldn't be on your guys' minds either. :bong2: forever
  12. SkinnyP SkinnyP

I didn't say that. Go read what I wrote again. I don't like people putting words in my mouth.
  13. UpInFlames UpInFlames

Oh yeah, my fault I put the wrong justification. He wasn't trying to degrade what you had said, he only stressed that it's not the marijuana that kills brain cells, it's lack of oxygen.
    2 people like this.
  14. SenorSmokesALot SenorSmokesALot

• Subscriber
    • Since: Sep 19, 2009
    Wow. This is an angry thread... These people need to light up and be happy. Weed + Snickers= haaaaappppyyy. Haha.

Anyway to answer your question: of course weed has negative effects. Yes it does kill braincells but a)braincells are killed by a lot of things like smoking cigarettes, drinking alcohol, drinking too much water and even just shaking your head no and b) you don't need these braincells as the ones that are destroyed can grow back within a day after smoking (the human body is extremely resilient and braincells reproduce and split continuously) and they aren't cells that humans can even use.

The negative effects of weed are less than that of smoking cigarettes. I actually read today in the current event section that there is a study proving that weed actually does not cause lung cancer. The beneficial effects of weed, thus, greatly outweigh the negative. Weed reduces stress(another thing that causes braincells to die), relaxes the body and causes positive brain stimualtion. People who smoke weed are generally happier, at least in my 3 years of experience with the herb.

Other things to note:
    Stress not only kills braincells but increases the chance of heart disease, acid peptic disease, alcoholism, asthma, fatigue, hypertension, chronic headaches, insomnia, IBS, Psyconeuroses and Sexual dysfunction. Just think that a little green can cure all of this.

I've added a link below on ways you can increase brain stimulation and the production of braincells. Doing a few of these daily will literally counter-act the braincells that are terminated from smoking. Weed is not anywhere near as bad as the media tries to portray it and some in depth research into the herb can prove it. People are ignorant, it's our job to educate them. Good luck and go green.

50 Ways To Boost Your Brain Power | 4 Mind 4 Life - Brainwaves
  15. UpInFlames UpInFlames

The information you have is wrong. Marijuana does not kill brain cells. Try reading the other posts and see what people have already said before making your own post.
  16. Buds_Of_Steele Buds_Of_Steele

• Your Undisputed Disputer
    • Since: Jul 11, 2009
    actually when you take a hit in you usually get a fair amount of oxygen with it, and 5-10 seconds without oxygen isnt gonna do alot if any damage
  17. rocknroll0258 rocknroll0258

• Since: Sep 17, 2009
    Aight. Here's what I know. I know weed has been proven not to cause lung cancer. Although it has been proven to raise you risk of some random ass cancer that accounts for .1 percent of male cancer patients. Two. Marijuana is truly THE safest drug in the world. It naturally has things in it that keep you from being able to overdose. And if they think it's so bad then why did the government approve a drug that is just isolated THC (THC is what gets you high as I am sure most of you know)? (Marinol, it's a schedule II drug versus cannibus which is for some bullshit reason a schedule I) Also it was only outlawed because it was associated with Mexican immigrants and blacks in the 1930's and protesters of the government in the 1960's. Marijuana was actually relegalized as the way they made it illegal was just by making it impossible to buy thus unconstitutional. Marijuana has proven helpful in people under going cancer treatment as it stops the vomiting and restores appetite (same as with AIDS patients). The government has done a good job keeping marijuana under wraps by keeping it a schedule I drug (this means that it has no accepted medical purpose which we all now know that it does. This is the same category that heroin and other VERY addicting drugs are in.) Also marijuana has no risk of dependancy. All the shit you see about how 90% of teenagers who are caught with marijuana are currently in drug treatment programs for dependancy? Although true they aren't actually dependent they are just forced into the programs because otherwise they would be charged with possession. There is a really good article about it in Fortune magazines September 28th issue. (Its the one with the girl with a marijuana leaf on her shirt on the cover) As for weed making you stupid? Complete and utter fabrication. I have friends that went to Harvard, Columbia, Princeton and Middlebury. And I make straight A's with four AP classes so clearly it doesn't make you dumb. If anything you'll do better in school because you won't be flipping shit over some test or something.
    1 people like this.
  18. NEK92 NEK92

• Since: Sep 22, 2009
    All this arguing, yall gotta' roll one up! If you like smoking weed, smoke it. If are worried about the negative effects, just smoke it. Cuzz chances are you will die from a car accident or some other shit. If you plain don't like weed you haven't gotten high yet.
  19. rocknroll0258 rocknroll0258

• Since: Sep 17, 2009
    Aye man all for that but we were just answering the question
  20. NEK92 NEK92

• Since: Sep 22, 2009
    Okay true true. Can anyone clarify this. I heard that some guy in the late 1800 early 1900s who was a big paper manufacturer push a lot of money around to help outlaw cannabis cuz the fiber was also really good for making paper and all the other hemp products.