PLEASE, Help me get rid of that (musty) smell!

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by sassey52, Nov 28, 2011.

1. sassey52 sassey52

• Since: Aug 21, 2011
    Hello, does anyone out there know how to get rid of the musty odor in your bag of weed?

There is no mold and the bud is good. When you break one open it smells great but if i seal it up and then reopen later it smells musty,I have heard of orange peels and maybe an apple slice, does that really work?

Thanks in advance for any feedback.
  2. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    Musty, are you sure it's not wet or moldy..Or wet leading to mold..

Mold can only live when there is moisture..So let the budz dry out, and you should be fine..
    1 people like this.
  3. sassey52 sassey52

• Since: Aug 21, 2011
    no it is not wet it is completly dry, but i have not opened the bag since i closed it . but checked all bud and looks great, just has a musty odor.
  4. Bud Is good Bud Is good

• Resident non smoker
    • Since: Jul 15, 2009
    It could have been not dried and cured correctly..Which could lead to a musty smell..

Yes orange peels work..It does add some orange flavor, but also re adds moisture..The the budz will have to be dried again..
    1 people like this.
  5. djguta djguta

• Since: Jun 3, 2005
    if have musty smell ,that means mold grew but died, when you dry bud, you have to cure
    1 people like this.
  6. wolfgong wolfgong

• Since: Oct 22, 2011
    Try keeping your weed in a clean film container or a plastic box of some sort and keep it out of bags.
  7. MawMawAngela MawMawAngela

• Since: Apr 4, 2006
    A stick of juicy fruit gum or wintergreen will help with the flavor too! Just put it in the bag and seal.
    1 people like this.