problems with staying sober

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by ifeelstoned, Nov 19, 2005.

1. ifeelstoned ifeelstoned

• Since: May 14, 2005
    ok, well as ive been looking through these past threads ive notcied the stuff about not getting good highs anymore, and which has been very true with me and it defitnly sucks when my friends are ripped and like my high is gone and im ready to smoke more, so i know you all said the answer would be to chill for 2 weeks to month, but i mentally cant really do it, the second i wake up in the morningi i feel like garabe unless i smoke, like i have zero apietite, lets say kinda dizzy, like hazy and stufff. like dreamy like kind of feeling and then i smoke and i back to normal i can even talk just like 2 hits and its in my system and i can eat and stuff, i cant sleep unless ive smoked and shtuff, so besides just not smoking for 2 weeks cause i know the time will come that ill have to stop for some reason for a period of time, can anyone hook me up with some advice? thanks

later
  2. CardBoardBox CardBoardBox

• Since: May 18, 2005
    o_O I beleive the only thing you can do is not smoke anything. But it is going to be hard, so you need to find something to do in the meantime to keep your mind off of it. Trust me, I'm going through the same thing as you. I have to quit for a week... Starting on Monday.
  3. ifeelstoned ifeelstoned

• Since: May 14, 2005
    see, like thats the freaky part, is that like i skateboard like almost everyday, and when im doing even that i still think about smokinmg, like that wont take away the side effects of like not smoking, like i have no apieite and **** and it sucks hahaah

haha im such a whinney emo ***** haha
  4. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Dude, its all in your head. marijuana is not physically addicitng, only psychologically. if you continue to think you cannot make it through your day without smoking, quite simply, you won't be able to. You're reinforcing the belief that you can't do it every time you think that. Trust me, as I have a bit of experience in this....I went from being a daily smoker for the better part of a decade, to complete abstinance overnight. i haven't smoked in 90 days. You're making things worse for yourself by believing you need it day to day, because, like i said, its all mental. MARIJUANA IS NOT PSHYICALLY ADDICTING....any belief that you have that youy 'need" it first thing in the Am is just that, a belief.
  5. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    And it's not even that psychologically addictive either. You'd have a harder time trying to stop drinking soda. You're tolerance is too high. Period. Stop smoking and you won't have this problem. Is it really THAT hard to take a break?
  6. teog teog

• Since: Oct 20, 2005
    dont buy weed plan somehting for the end of the month like a smokeathon or an adventure
  7. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    You'll just have to be a man and put up with a little discomfort for a couple of days. It's not the end of the world. It's certainly no worse than having a cold.

If you feel that you need to be high all the time you've developed a bad relationship with cannabis. You need to step back and reevaluate your priorities.
  8. Psychedelilah Psychedelilah

• Since: Jun 30, 2005
    Get an ounce and smoke whenever you want! Smoke every 30 min for like 5-6 hours ...also make some crystals because thats pure THC! and someone even with a super high tolerance who does this can even feel really stoned.
  9. oneluv4boognish oneluv4boognish

• Since: Nov 13, 2005
    Well....personally i would have to say that where the drug itself is not all that psychologically addictive, i know that i have a VERY addictive personality...which is why i personally am addicted. However i'm addicted to everything i put my hands on...always have been....and it is true i'm way more hooked on my pepsi than i am on the herb! I can say from personal experience that if it is THAT hard to take a break, either do a whole lot of soul searching or seek therapy. After years of therapy i know that where it's hard to, it's really just the ultimate high to know that you did it after it was that damn hard to do.
  10. treble treble

• Since: Jun 26, 2004
    heya been there, I have the same problem when I'm starting to run out.. I start going through the house looking for some stash that i convinced i hid away for a rainy day... never found any yet... scraping my bowls for crappy resin.. anything for a buzz no matter how **** ......but after about 1-2 days I'm over it and it dont bother me... then I know I got something to look forward to ... some nice strong buzz again when I hook up next time... and sometimes I can take it or leave it.. after a few days going without...always weird looking back and thinkin how stressed i got and it weren't that bad anyways... what you think in your mind is always worse than reality....like working up to ask that hot babe out ... not nearly as bad as you imagined it was gonna be... and theres always goodness on the other side.. nice herb or nice babe.... hey... if your lucks up meybe both...
  11. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    Marijuana (and other drugs) make great servants but lousy masters. You just have to show 'em who's the boss.
  12. MedicinalMan MedicinalMan

• Since: Sep 5, 2005
    Addiction

There is such a difference in a drug being Addictive and an Addict. A drug being addictive is just that. There is a physical addiction to the properties of the chemicals there selfs. When removed your body reacts in a way that it is missing an important ingredient. Some detoxes are an actual hell to go thru. (I have gone thru many of them and am going thru it again) An addict is one who will use most anything to escape the realities of life. More important to feel good than take care of business and be responsible. I do not believe that the problem is the drugs, Drugs or any other mind altering agent is actually what people are using as a solution, the answer, (Not the Problem) This is a very limited solution and will eventually quit working for you and turn on you. At this point it is a problem and until it is eliminated and other solutions found for our problems it will be a downhill run. Normally pretty quick downhill for most addicts. Buzzby has some pretty good points here to look at. Most addicts do not like any discomfort. I don't know if I would have written it as Buzzby did but he is correct in Who is the master and who is the servant? He also states that you have to be willing to accept some discomfort. Discomfort is a part of life and always will be. Hiding from it will increase your chances of being an addict. If a person honestly wants to quit, He will. Whether it be by hisself or asking for some help. It is available.
    I have not seen Mamabudz in this thread but I want to thank her for pointing me this direction to the website. I hope to learn more and share what little I know from personal experience. Addiction I do know a little about and not out of the books.
    MedMan
  13. ministerOFfire ministerOFfire

• Since: Dec 10, 2005
    This is my first post....I decided to do a little research on weed as I am going through a depression myself...I have been a serious weed smoker for about 20 years, a daily smoker for the last 7 years. I found this forum by doing a little research on the web and stumbled accross this community. My problem has always been getting the weed I feel I need, its funny...just as I am about to run out...I am always able to score. I have a great family, whom I love very much....but have drifted from my weed loving friends who used to hook me up. It has of late, been very difficult to get what I need. I work long hours, kids take alot of my time and I feel guilty calling up friends with whom I have not spoken too in a long time, just to 'hook up'. I've read several posts about fighting the withdrawls..."a few days and you will forget all about smoking"....not true with me. Weed has truely become my master for quite some time and haunts me constantly. It has been about 10 days now since I have not smoked...and I am just not the same. I know how to fight the depression...I focus on my family and the hobbies I love...but there is still an empty feeling inside of me that still hurts. When I don't have my green I turn to beer which only makes matters worse. Not that I become suicidal or anything...I just don't feel whole, like something is missing. This feeling comes and goes and I know how to fight it but it always seems to find a way to creep back into my mind. I know I have to convince myself to become a master over my addiction....BUT DAMN I LOVE TO SMOKE...I get this tingly sensation in my chest that someting is missing..that oh so heavenly burn of smoke in my lungs. I hate cigs but have actually thought of smoking just to try and fill that void. Anyways....sorry for ramblin on my firts post (curse you mr. budweiser... ; ) I just felt a need to vent my withdrawl...which BTW has been 10 days and counting. I know I will 'hook up' soon and these feelings will go away...and I know I should take a step back from Miss Jane and take a break...but honestly...I would rather smoke than drink. I know some will say take a break from both...get a grip man...and mabey I will.. : / But as of tonite...I miss my lovely mary jane and feel a need to type....anywho....greetings all and hope to develope a few friendships here.... :wave:
  14. Ozzterra420 Ozzterra420

• Since: Dec 8, 2005
    Whoa

Whoa Ministeroffire it sounds kind of serious when you say filling a void! I dont know if i would go that far with it. weed is definatly physcological because i myself was an every-day smoker i stayed high all day from the time i got up till i passed out for 6 years and then was put on phelony prob. where i was drug tested every week. i stopped cold turky over night. i had no problem quitting, just the simple feeling sometimes where i would be doing something and think wow it would be nice doing this high. other than that not really a problem except for sleeping for a couple of weeks, when i was starting to clean out i would lay in bed for hours with my mind racing tring to sleep. There was a lot of legal issues on my mind then as well which probably played a role in that, but if there is a reason where you have to quit you will quit, and its not as hard as it seems. just give it a try.
  15. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    You don't "fight" the withdrawals, you simply live through them. It's just a few days of minor annoyance and then it's over.

What you're talking about has nothing to do with withdrawals, which are a biochemical phenomena. It sounds like you simply have a strong desire to escape reality by one means or another, which is a psychological phenomenon. If you're using marijuana (or beer) to fight depression you're going the wrong way. Neither THC nor alcohol works very well in that role.

It's much better to use marijuana because it's fun than because you feel that you "need" to use it. Find a more effective way of dealing with your depression and smoke for fun, not out of "necessity".
  16. ministerOFfire ministerOFfire

• Since: Dec 10, 2005
    ....so true. :eek: It needs to be fun again. I need to get over the feeling that I "need" it. :D
  17. manatee54 manatee54

• Since: Nov 2, 2005
    Not that tough

I admit, the first couple of day's after I stopped, after many many years of nighttime smoke, I was very energetic.... my spouse still lights up, so I would leave the room. However, now I grind up fresh for my spouse, and don't even think about it. So, Buzzby is right.... Some of us MJ users, enjoy it for that evening mellow, after dinner, etc.... Now, I just take my dog for a long walk, and star gaze.....

:cool: