Pros and Cons of a vaporizer

Discussion in 'Vaporizers' started by pedin10, Aug 29, 2009.

1. pedin10 pedin10

• Since: Aug 26, 2009
    Can someone tell me the pros and cons of a vaporizer? Like apposed to a glass spoon.
  2. Kushy Kushy

• down
    • Since: May 2, 2009
    Pros:
    - Uses less weed to get high
    - not harmful to the lungs
    - no lung diseases caused by vapor(bronchitis, etc)
    - better taste
    - smoother hits
    - less smell
    - "cleaner" high

Cons:
    I don't think there are ANY cons about a vaporizer compared to smoking
    1 people like this.
  3. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    The only "con" I can think of is if the user prefers the somewhat different kind of high you get from burning the weed instead of vaporizing it. The vape high tends to be very "up". If you want to get couchlocked, smoke that shit.
  4. witchvape witchvape

• Since: Jan 25, 2009
    I'm sorry...

I completely disagree. Most times I vape, which is only 2 hits, I melt into the couch and feel like I can't move. I smoked again, the other week, and I never even felt like that. I think smoking is more up, if anything.
  5. 5drive 5drive

• Slacker
    • Since: Jul 31, 2006
    You're in the minority with that opinion. The strain you're using can make a difference, but otherwise, smoke contains a lot more of the toxic byproducts that induce drowsiness, like carbon monoxide and benzene. What struck me first about the difference in the vapor high was that I retained a lot more energy vs. smoking.
  6. KiNg KoNG KiNg KoNG

• Since: May 13, 2008
    arent most of the things that stick to the wand/tubeing very tiny particles that fall threw the screen?, and most of that ends up hitting your tongue or back of your mouth..
  7. lildevilpunk8008 lildevilpunk8008

• Since: Apr 1, 2009
    the pros have been named mostly by kushy.

as for cons there are very few and the ones that do exist is in my opinion.

1. if ur an outside smoker u have know wall outlet in the middle of the forrest/desert/wherever u are. u need electricity what if ur power goes out and u dont have a bong or a pipe to smoke out of. it has happened to me.

i just figured i would point that out it is the only con i can think of. other than that i love vapes therrrrrre grrrreeeeeeaaaaaaat.
  8. Vish Vish

• Since: Jul 13, 2008
    Well, pros would be everything named. I pack a bowl and it lasts me like, 5 sessions at least (depending on the size). Smoking, same amount = 1 session. I love the high just as much as the one I get from combustion, perhaps even more than combustion, but I can see how someone could not like it.

Cons.. I guess electricity is needed for some vapes. If you have none your fucked, but I haven't run into that problem. If I'm home I vape and I usually have electricity. I have a battery that I can plug into if needed though.

No. I have not had any of that in my mouth. It all gets stuck to the sides of my whip by the time that the vapor gets into my mouth/lungs. I don't know about any other types of vaporizers because I've only used my whip vaporizer.
  9. lildevilpunk8008 lildevilpunk8008

• Since: Apr 1, 2009
    oh yea batterys i forgot all about that
  10. Scooby~Doo Scooby~Doo

• Since: Mar 29, 2009
    You can taste the weed better if you just smoke it instead of using a vaporizer
  11. Kushy Kushy

• down
    • Since: May 2, 2009
    That's just plain not true. I've never heard anybody say they can taste the weed better if they smoke it rather than vaporizing it. IMO I hate the taste of smoke, but love the taste of vapor.
  12. KiNg KoNG KiNg KoNG

• Since: May 13, 2008
    wow u dont understand how wrong u actually are.. when u "smoke" you ignite it with a flame and it BURNS and what u mostly taste is the burnt taste..

Now with a vape, hot air passes threw the weed UNDER the temperature of combustion, but on or above the vaporization temp, so what u taste when u vape is the ACTUAL flavor of strain ur hitting...