Quest 39112N HPP Basic 1

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by stupidtests, Jun 28, 2008.

1. stupidtests stupidtests

• Since: Jun 16, 2008
    Sec, if you check this post, i wanted to let you know i just did another home test w/o doing anything out of the ordinary and PASSED! the line is super light. do you think this would help me in any way for the 20ng cutoff?

The Healthcare Professional Profile (HPP) tests for a variety of prescribed drugs that currently pass undetected in conventional testing profiles of street drugs, such as marijuana, cocaine and amphetamines. The initial screening of the comprehensive Healthcare Professional Profile (HPP-I; see full list of components) is performed using immunoassay technology (specifically EIA and ELISA) for all analytes. This technology affords rapid turnaround times. Screening for any additional drugs not included in the comprehensive Healthcare Professional Profile (HPP-I) will be performed using gas chromatography/mass spectrometry (GC/MS) technology.

the marijuana cutoff for this test is 20ng. is it possible to dilute for such a low number?
    can i sub for this test even though it's an enzyme test. the test also has a "test sure" adulterant panel.

maybe i should just tell them i found another job and thank them for their time. i do not want to be on record with them as having failed a drug test.
  2. z0rpia z0rpia

• Since: Jun 21, 2008
    Lets hope sec replies to this ASAP! I'm not sure if the dilution method will drop it to below 20ng, Also I'm under the impression that most home test have 50 ng cut off so there is no way to know if you are going to be below 20ng.

In my opinion if you are confident that you can get this job later then its wise to tell them that you have found youself another job and maybe apply to them 3 months later when you are clean. As you have mentioned its wise not to get black listed by a big company.
  3. stupidtests stupidtests

yeah, i think i'm going to have to just pass on this job. i'm sure they'll be suspicious that i've bailed instead of re-testing, but it's so unreasonable that i'd be working with other companies & have other offers. i guess.

if i can sub and pass this test w/o problems i'll probably attempt it. i just need to hear from sec that the enzyme part of the test will pass with synthetic.
  4. Secs Secs

• Since: Dec 21, 2005
    You could always sub.

I think if you can pass a home test using your first pee of the day, you should be able to pass a lower cutoff screening using dilution. Just don't overdo the dilution as you did before.

Give it a shot.
  5. stupidtests stupidtests

sec, thanks so much for the reply.

i think i'm going to have to just pass on this job altogether. i spoke with a friend this afternoon & she reminded me that my LICENSE could be revoked for failing a drug test. OMG!!! i hadn't even thought about that, i've been so focused on passing the test. i can't even deal with the thought of that, much less having it actually happen. so, better to be safe than sorry. there are many many other jobs out there & now that i know i can pass a regular drug test on my own there's no reason to risk consequences that would take my job from me forever.

thanks again for all of your help!
  6. Secs Secs

• Since: Dec 21, 2005
    Well, since you put it that way, it isn't just the job you would be passing on, but your profession, you are right. Better safe than sorry. You might want to use pot in a more careful mannor from now until you do secure that job.

I know in my area they are begging for medical professionals. It shouldn't be too difficult for you to find another opening. Sometimes it works out and something much better falls in front of you. Good luck.
  7. stupidtests stupidtests

exactly! sadly, i've decided to stop using pot altogether. not a fun decision, but a necessary one.

i don't know what i'd do if i lost my license....i truly LOVE my job & believe it's what i was BORN to do, as it is always interesting, fun & rewarding. and like you, there's PLENTY of jobs out there for me, in beautiful places, with big fat paychecks and benefits. so, bye bye pot. i guess maybe i'll have to start taking the dog for an extra walk each evening,huh?

thanks again, sec, you truly provide a wonderful service here & i may have ended up in BIG trouble without your help.

have a great day!