Real name

Discussion in 'Places and People' started by dbighead, Oct 3, 2002.

1. dbighead dbighead

• Since: Sep 16, 2002
    Who on this site uses their real names when they register to a website.

Ex. cheap talk

Do you think it is safe to use a real name when you register. Or do you just use a fake name like Jimi Hendrix.

Who uses their friends name when they register.

What is the best fake name you have ever used?

Damn too many questions.
    :)
  2. Ross Ross

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 4, 2001
    Thread moved...

To Places and People
  3. Shaman Shaman

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Mar 21, 2001
    I use my real stage name.
  4. Leithreas Leithreas

• Toilet
    • Since: Nov 20, 2001
    i go by the name of Christopher Schist.

i dont know why, but i this chick on ICQ asked me what my last name was, and i just said schist, because we learned about that type of rock in earth science that day, and i had used it ever since.

however, christ is my real name.
  5. Charon Charon

• Since: Aug 9, 2002
    Charon

Charon - I have had this name since middle school.. It all happened after reading some of the old epics involving greek/roman mythology(or fact!?)... Charon is the farryman that would take you accross the river of Styx - A river that if your body came into contact with something really bad would happen.. What's the bad thing you ask?? well maybe this will inspire someone to look it up to learn something cool... Anyway, Once someone died usually a goid coin would be placed in the deads mouth as payment to Charon to take them accross the river.... If you came to the underworld with out payment you would be doomed to walk the shores of the river for 100 years... Theres actually more than one river but Styx is most famous.....

Thus Charon - My name:)

Charon
  6. Mr.Mojorisin Mr.Mojorisin

• Mr. M
    • Since: Feb 3, 2002
    I usually dont use my real name, hell Ive only told a handful of people my real name and I doubt any of them remember it, plus I knew them online for monthes from forum communities. I generally dont tell people my name for security, like how I dont want 40 yearold fat guys appearing at my door with a briefcase full of sex toys.
  7. vaya vaya

• Activist
    • Since: Jun 20, 2002
    I find it best not to disclose my real identity, especially in such a public forum of slightly compromised security.
  8. Panama Panama

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 8, 2000
    I've had the nickname of "Panama" since I was 13. In fact, more people probably know me by "Panama" than my real name. :) However, my real name can be found at the bottom of each post I make.

I wouldn't suggest anyone post their real name unless you have absolutely nothing to lose. It's not paranoia speaking when I say these boards are read by law enforcement each day. And I'm not speaking of the few registered LEOs we know of.
  9. FootlongFatty FootlongFatty

• Since: Nov 9, 2001
    For some random reason i use Gonzalez Rodriguez every time i have to put in a name, it just popped into my head..i use it so much that my Info Tech teacher doesn't even know my real name( i'm not on the class list yet) so he just calls me Gonzalez.
  10. aus_stoner aus_stoner

• Since: Sep 8, 2002
    yeah charon i've heard that story before also except when I heard it two coins were placed on the eyes.....
  11. wakDbuds wakDbuds

• Jr. Activist
    • Since: Sep 21, 2001
    i use the name 'bob sagat' whenever im on the net, if you dont remember him, he is the dad from 'full house' :D
  12. Ross Ross

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 4, 2001
    He was also the annoying host of america's home videos

I usually use my real first name a piece of my last name when I sign up for things.
  13. JPJ_Glassware JPJ_Glassware

• PRG Coordinator
    • Since: May 6, 2002
    My name is 100% fake. I'm not afraid of being busted or anything; I haven't smoked pot in years. But I would be better if certain people couldn't find out that I talk about this issue; it may have repercussions on my life. I prefer to choose the people that know my stance on this issue, though this does slow down my efforts to inform people of the truth...
  14. DoritosMan DoritosMan

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Jan 29, 2001
    I use Robert Nesta Marley, but i dont know if i put my real name here or not. I also use Edgar Allan Poe a lot, i really like his stuff thats why i use it. Some times i use Gilberto Mackinzie, same initial as my name GM
    Gabriel....
  15. Leithreas Leithreas

• Toilet
    just because you dont use your real name doesnt mean you can't be found ;) remember Daniel's little trick? :p :)
  16. Shaman Shaman

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Mar 21, 2001
    I don't remember Daniel's little trick, what might that be?
  17. Leithreas Leithreas

• Toilet
    check out this thread :)
  18. dbighead dbighead

• Since: Sep 16, 2002
    We have this cool Jamican man in our neighborhood named Niko. So I will go by Niko and just add a random last name to it. Or I will use Jimi Hendrix or other singers ( Usually dead singers.) :(
  19. GiggleSmoke GiggleSmoke

• Since: Oct 21, 2000
    When I was under age, I once made myself a really crappy fake id which I laminated byself using a sleve from a baseball card and an iron. then I got a better one from some shop I found. well I used these to buy smokes and beer sometimes. It actually worked more often then not, I eventually bought a bb gun which I actually think the store registers with the government with my fake id, I really couldn't believe that.

Well since then I've gone by the alias Joel Reed when ever I've needed too, the name even sounds like a crimminal for some reason. I'm not sure what I'm registered as on mj.com.

also, when people ask for my real name on the net I usually tell them only the short form of my name. I like the short form much better then my full name, I dunno why I don't just go by that.
  20. Untitled Untitled

• Since: Sep 2, 2002
    i've had the name "Untitled" since i was 15, I've been getting more weird about my idenity since a year ago. Weird how i got the name "Untitled", I use to do a lot of weird things when I was younger, still do weird things. they didnt know what to call me, so one person just started calling me Untitled, and it was pretty cool

when filling out things to become member of a forum, i'll use my middle name, and either spell my last name a different way or just do something such as this "hgifdohgdf"

later