Red Widow

Discussion in 'Strains and Definitions' started by Bud&bluntman, Oct 15, 2007.

1. Bud&bluntman Bud&bluntman

• Since: Sep 1, 2007
    So it was friday and I was with my friend Rob and this kid on a bike roll sup and says you need some tree's. rob says yea, and the kid on the bike says its good tree's its red widow, it goes for $15 - 20 a gram, but i'll give you it for 10. So he shows us the bud a little later on, and it WASNT coverd in red hairs, crystals, it wasnt even light green ,it was a darker green. I was pretty sure Rob was getting ripped off, but i didnt say anything, they smoked two lbunts of it and sayed they were pretty stoned. But who here agrees it wasnt red widow.
  2. steakii steakii

• Since: Nov 4, 2006
    well if there was no red on it, then yeah he got ripped off. Probably just mids. 2 blunts of mids will get a few people stoned. Why would some random guy give rob a 50% discount? People (mostly the thugish drug dealers) around here try to sell something (to "rich" little white boys such as myself") they call baby dro for $10, its nothing more than commercial mids. I asked a guy one time why he would sell weed for $10/g that had seeds, and he replied that is why its called BABY dro, the baby means it has seeds. Its all just bullshit. I never trust anyone i dont know selling good weed, its either laced or just a ripoff.
  3. Trocisp Trocisp

• Since:
    Be an educated stoner.
    Don't buy random shit, and ask questions. It'll piss off your dealer if you call him on his bullshit once, but he wont try it again.
  4. troublemaker420 troublemaker420

• Since: Mar 2, 2004
    Just curious, but is this kid selling "red widow" the same guy who was selling "red kush" before? (I'm not sure if that was you that posted the red kush story, but regardless)......if you can't find any references to the strain elsewhere, chances are the dude made it up. I currently have the tolerance of a superhero, but yet a few hits of QUALITY marijuana still gets me more than "pretty stoned". Two BLUNTS of this weed would leave any two people I know nearly comotose. Based on that, I don't think two blunts of a decent quality strain would leave a couple of younger people only "kinda stoned"

What it comes down to is being an educated consumer. Don't buy anything based on strain name alone. Look at the bud, smell it, and, most importantly, SMOKE it if you can before buying. Granted, if you are picking up a gram or even an 1/8th, your dealer might be hesitant to let you try before you buy. However, on bigger quantities, I see it as a major red flag if the dealer isn't eager to let you try it.
  5. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I would never buy without trying a toke or two. Appearance and aroma are certainly indicators of quality, but I've smoked weed that looked and smelled great but didn't get me high. I never buy in quantities less than an oz and I try to buy QPs, so I've never had a seller object to that policy.
  6. Jake Jake

• Since: Jul 31, 2005
    Tell me about it, I hate buying shit that's obviously "KB" as in uncompressed, seedless bud but barely gets you higher than middies does.

Be careful. When you've found quality, keep that dealer!
  7. Bud&bluntman Bud&bluntman

• Since: Sep 1, 2007
    Rob knew it, i sort of laughed at him, If I were in his shoes when he bought it I would have pointed out that its not red widow, because red widow dosnt exist, and offerd $10 for it.
  8. dench dench

• Since: Dec 10, 2006
    dealers make up names for there weed to make it sound cool or good and its usually shit then other people call there weed other names that are real but it isnt what they have
  9. hustler74 hustler74

• Since: Apr 26, 2006
    yeah but 2 yrs ago, i remeber there was alot of brown weed going around. it was a nasty. the dealers were calling it manhattan brown, chocolate bud, or chocolate haze. i was a noob and bought into it. me and my friends got fucked over on it a few times. i later found out tht the dealers were buying it for 60 an oz.