Refresh Dry Weed

Discussion in 'The 420 Lounge' started by WhiteWidow69, Dec 28, 2007.

1. WhiteWidow69 WhiteWidow69

• Since: Oct 15, 2007
    More wisdom from the master.....

Okay we have all been there. we get excited because we were looking for bud and finally got a hook up. However when we recieve the sac we are dissapointed to see dry buds, and shake. Have no fear there is a way to get your weed sticky and tasty again. I use a jar but a plastic baggie will also work. With your weed in its container, put a finger sized strips of orange or lemon. Dont put too much just around 2 or 3 shaves of skin. Seal your container and leave it sealed FOR ONLY ONE DAY. Anything more than one day can cause mold to grow on your stash and trust me you dont want that. After the day is over take out the peel and enjoy your freshly re-generated Ganja!!!
    1 people like this.
  2. smalls92 smalls92

• Since: Mar 1, 2007
    Heres how I do it

Take your trees
    put them in a plastic baggie
    place a peice of lettuce inside said baggie
    with said baggie open, place trees/ lettuce in microwave for 10 seconds or less

Wallah, nice, sticky, tasty buds
  3. pkster8235 pkster8235

• Lazy Dancer
    • Since: Jun 27, 2007
    Wow.. More wisdom from the master. . . .
  4. WhiteWidow69 WhiteWidow69

• Since: Oct 15, 2007
    lol i would have never thought of putting my stash in microwave lol

5. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I'd just pour it out, mist it lightly with a plant mister, and put it back in the bag. The moisture will distribute itself evenly within the hour. Before I learned to seal my weed in airtight jars, I did it many times.
  6. mizzOe mizzOe

• Since: Apr 28, 2007
    damn would that orange & lemon idea work for fresh weed.. like does it give it a citrusys zest?
  7. ADIDAS ADIDAS

• Represent. KY
    • Since: Sep 6, 2005
    In a way, but Im not a big fan of remoistening weed. It does make it smell real nice for sure.
  8. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    • Since: Jun 13, 2004
    Keep it that way.

Don't microwave your buds people. First I don't really see how that would help much.

Even 10 seconds or less of heating bud in the microwave will kill some of the THC, making it less potent. Not only that, it makes it taste worse.

Microwave heating is notorious for unpatient growers, wanting to try out a sample of their freshly harvested weed. It's a well known fact amongst most that grow regularly, microwaving buds = kills taste and kills THC.

The OP is right with his method. Fruits will work, but don't use too much. I usually would just put a small bit in my bag before bed, and take it out the next morning.

If you don't want the smell or the taste of citrus fruits in your weed, I would suggest lettuce, or even moistened paper towel works just fine.
  9. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    I've never heard of this nor experienced anything like it. Unless the weed gets hot enough to vape off some of the cannabinoids, I don't see how it could "kill" any of the THC.

Microwaving fresh bud doesn't give it the time to develop its taste (which comes from properly slow drying and curing) or convert the acid form of THC into the neutral form (which comes from properly slow drying and curing). It doesn't take anything away that was already there. Since we're talking about using the microwave to add moisture back to bud that has already been dried and cured, this wouldn't make any difference.

I've used the microwave method and it worked quite well. I've also put weed in a seive over boiling water, allowing it to get moisturized by the steam. I decided that the plant mister route worked as well and was easier. The advantage of the microwave technique is that it is pretty much instant. With the steam or mister, you need to let the weed sit for a little while for the moisture to equalize throughout the bag.
  10. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    Unfortunately I couldn't find where it said that it killed the THC, but it was on our sister site that I read that. All I can find is Dankmaster's "Microwave Steam Method" in the GrowFAQ which he claims to be better than simply microwaving it because it doesn't make the trichomes burst, and keeps some of the taste still. :shrug: Do what you like if you wish, but I certainly wouldn't microwave it.
  11. DryTimes DryTimes

• Since: Feb 20, 2007
    What is wrong with dry weed?
  12. Darque Pervert Darque Pervert

• Jive Honkey
    • Since: Feb 14, 2006
    It burns faster than moist weed.
    You want a slow burn when you smoke.
  13. Dark Dark

• Fool on the Hill
    It's also a more rough smoke, and the trichomes are more brittle and fall off easier when you break it up.
  14. IIDX IIDX

• Since: Oct 24, 2006
    Am I the only one who likes dry weed? I always dry my weed out like crazy before smoking it. Then I grind it in my spacecase, give it a quick chop with some scissors in a little jar then toss it back in my spacecase as near-powder.

It smokes more evenly and thoroughly that way. P.s I only smoke bongs so this might not be the best for joint rolling.
  15. ZephyrEire ZephyrEire

• Since:
    actually it would be better for joint rolling, but only because of the consistency, not the dryness.
    You want your Js as evenly ground up s possible, so it will burn straight and even.

But as was said before, dry weed = fast burning. You should know if you're grinding a lot of dry stuff. When you pack a bowl of near powder consistency, doesn't it cherry the whole bowl immediately? That's because everything's getting lit at once, which makes for huge hits, but not much longevity.

Me, I like a slower burning bowl that isn't going to turn to ash on me in a few hits. And I don't like dry weed, and I have some with me right now. Decent stuff, but very dry. Maybe I'll see if I can find a mister of sorts that I can use...

Thanks for the tips! My roommate swears he and his friends had a bag of weed go bad from trying the orange peel method, but I have faith in it
  16. steakii steakii

• Since: Nov 4, 2006
    If you leave the peels in there, it will grow mold. You can put the peels in there for a short amount of time and get it moist with no mold, but a mister is a much better idea
  17. IIDX IIDX

• Since: Oct 24, 2006
    I get what you're saying about not wanting a fast burning bowl, but once again I guess I'm just different lol. I smoke indoors where I'd be evicted if I were caught, so I smoke one toke bowls and just pack a bowl for each hit.

So a fast, thorough burning bowl that won't smolder is perfect for me. Also, like someone said earlier, the trichromes become brittle and break off easily when the weed is dried, and since I'm a happy spacecase owner I love to see that powder reservoir filled to the brim, and drying it out first helps.