Request-A-Recipe!

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Higher Logic, Aug 6, 2005.

1. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    I thought about this today, because some people have their favorite foods and would like to incorporate it with cannabis but maybe don't know how. Well now you can! Use this thread to request any recipe that you want and I will return with award-winning and/or top-rated recipes. Try and give me the title of the recipe that it normally goes by (e.g. Chili Con Queso, Southern Style Green Beans, Mango Chicken Kabobs, Frogmore Stew), or give me your best description of the ingredients. I can probably find it if you can give me enough of them or the right description if you don't know the "official" name. Go ahead, ask away!
    1 people like this.
  2. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    :idea: But will you be personally Kitchen testing each and every one? :liplick: ... and if so ...what time should I be over for dinner? :kiss:
  3. doobieman doobieman

• Since: Jul 19, 2005
    Hi how are you How about starting the ball rolling with a request for chocolait chip weed cookies, i usually buy the pilsberry cookie dough, maybe a good home made recipe with fall coming in another couple months, preparing early, i usually wait for the last muinite.

The Doobieman :spark:

Rock on :metal:

P.S. Can I join you Higherlogic and mamabudz for dinner too I'll bring the wine and a after dinner mint. :) .
  4. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    Check out the CookBook for all sorts of recipes already prepared for your cooking pleasure

The most important step is making Cannabutter (cannabis infused butter)

From there the possibilities are endless !
  5. teufelfisch teufelfisch

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Jan 14, 2003
    Any recipe? I will drive to AZ and hug you if you figure out how to do marijuana shish kabobs. :p

If you can't figure that out, here are some serious requests.
    --"Ganja paella"
    --"Weed gyros", Or perhaps just a good "sticky icky tzadziki sauce"

Remoulade ought to be pretty easy. Just make green mayonnaise (is this possible?) and proceed normally!
  6. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    Check out the site I developed, Marijuana.com Recipes. You can find all the cookie recipes in this part of the Recipe site. I try and add new recipes all the time, which is why I put this thread up, so it gets a little motivation in me to put up what you, the users, want :)

Coma Cookies
    Toke-House Cookies
    Oatmeal Cannacookies
    Wake-N-No-Bake Cookies
    Milke Chocolate Chip Cookies

And my favorites, inspired by Alton Brown of Good Eats (on Food TV):

The Chewy
    The Puffy
    The Thin

They all are cookie recipes, but have slight variatiosn to give you a different style of cookie (e.g. using cake flour instead of regular flour, an egg white and a regular egg instead of 2 regular eggs, etc.).
    Check out the Kabob Marinade, which is sure to please, especially after 24+ hours of soaking the meat in it, or a full recipe including cooking instructions, check out the Yummy Honey Chicken Kabobs.
    I'll try and find a recipe that has a fat in it, the ones I keep pulling up don't have any, other than say a chicken broth, which you could add vegetable oil too I suppose. I'll work on this one later though.
    Again, I'll keep looking for a killer recipe for this. Keep your eyes open!
    You mean Tzatziki sauce :) That's one of my favorites, and would go good with a gyro or anything on a pita (or hell, just some warmed up pita dipped into some tzatziki sauce...). It's not the recipe I always use, but this one has olive oil, unlike the other one. It will definately do the trick!
    I'll get working on this one later, it's going to require you to make your own mayonnaise, which is how I like my mayonnaise anyway, homemade :) Since mayonnaise requires lots of oil, it'll definately get the body going!
  7. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    How about you come to my house Teufelfish -- and we do some cooking ???

Don't know if you'll be able to drive home though :eek:
  8. teufelfisch teufelfisch

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Jan 14, 2003
    What do you know, you found a recipe-- now I'm going to have to drive to AZ. :D
    For the weed gyros, it's all about the tzatziki!!
    For a double punch you could make Stoned Souvlaki (shish kabob in pita) with Sticky Icky Tzatziki.
    The paella might not even be worth it, since food:fat ratio is high.

I love to cook, hope you're ready!!!
  9. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    Oops! I forgot to give it a nice cannabis-esque name. I'll fix that :)
  10. budmaster budmaster

• Since: Aug 19, 2005
    Ok I would want to have something that is pretty quick and easy, and would only need 1 gram.
  11. Duder Duder

• Since: Jan 26, 2005
    Hey :wave:

Took a quick gander through that recipe page you listed, but couldn't find what i was looking for. You wouldn't happen to have a good recipe for "pot" pie. Maybe incorporating the pot in the pie crust?
  12. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    Fire Crackers
    Leary Biscuit

There's more, but some of the recipes are quite "quick-and-easy." The new version of the recipe site is going to have an actual "Quick & Easy" section, so look forward to that.
    Freshly added, take a gander at this bad boy. Best pie crust in town, hands down: Pot Pie Crust :)
  13. doobieman doobieman

• Since: Jul 19, 2005
    thanks higher logic i did check out the recapies and came up wits lots of good ones but the one that jumped out at me was kabob marinade but i need a canna-oil recapie i couldent find one and want to try the marinade next weekend if i can.

The Doobieman :spark:

Rockon :metal:
  14. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    Check out the Cooking 101 section; besides, the CannaOil recipe is exactly the same as the CannaButter one, just put some oil over medium-low heat and add finely ground up marijuana, let it sit in there for 15-30 minutes, stirring very often so you don't burn it, and then strain out the bud. You could do a cold version too, it's the same as the cold tincture recipe but instead of a pint of alcohol, use a pint of oil. All you have to do is let the bud sit in there for a week to a couple months (this is a recipe that really you don't want to rush, so if you want to have something ready for next weekend, then you'll want to use heat).
  15. CardBoardBox CardBoardBox

• Since: May 18, 2005
    Here's a suggestion for you, HL. I'm assuming you've tested all of these, so you should put a little note on the bottom of each recipie on how intence and long the high was from eating ____ numbers/servings of ____.

I'm thinking of making a cheese n' meat lasagna. Got any recipies?
  16. joel223 joel223

• Since: Aug 11, 2005
    I have heard people making Green Dragon (soaking bud in everclear or 151) but can the same be done with, say, Vodka? I don't think I can take everclear or 151. Sounds too painful.
    Just looking for a new way of doin things.
    Thanks for any advise.
  17. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    You can use any alcohol really. The only reason a 190-proof is used is because it's very pure and has little-to-no-taste, which is why when mixed with Sprite or something else, you really don't notice it.
  18. Scarlet Scarlet

• Since: Nov 10, 2005
    Cannabutter

Does anyone know how I make cannabutter?
  19. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    Try using the search feature...it works wonders.
  20. shaque shaque

• Since: Jan 5, 2006
    okay this is dumb. but since nobody i know cooks food with weed... (people here just burn it) how long does it take to get high? how high can you get? god just wont legalize it here. :(