Ridiculously faint line, home drug test photo, help?

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by vominatrix, Mar 12, 2012.

1. vominatrix vominatrix

• Since: Mar 12, 2012
    Okay so I'm 21, 5'5", about 190 (more muscle than you might think), female.
    I need to pass an employment drug test, havent been smoking heavily since Nov or so. Last time I smoked was probably late January. I bike about five miles at least three times a week.

I feel like I've been abstaining for so long that I SHOULD test clean, but the line is so faint, its almost nonexistent. Tell me what you think?

First time poster, long time lurker :) sorry my posting reason is so selfish! I've been pouring through similar posts and I'm so paranoid, I thought I'd post one for myself.

Oh and I thought I'd mention, I took this photo about an hour after taking the test. But if the line faded since then, it wasn't by much.

Attached Files:

2. FullyBaked1975 FullyBaked1975

• Since: Mar 10, 2012
    According to to the instructions and most of the members on this site, that is a passing line. I have the same issue with the faint line but stopped toking only about 3 weeks ago after 2.5 months of daily use.
  3. The Green Lantern The Green Lantern

Same problem here! i hate these home tests! NEVER get a bright line! i stopped smoking for 3 years, then toked moderately for about 6 months. last smoked on Jan 27th... This was my 5th piss today --> so not sure how confident i am... DT-1.jpg
  4. partelo jones partelo jones

• Since: Mar 17, 2012
    I passed 2 OTC tests with one line like the above and another "ghost" line and failed at the lab, miserably I might add. Also diluted and drank a detox (what a waste that was), at that point I had abstained for 10 days. Was up all night making myself sick with a gallon of water in addition to tea, gatorade, vitamins, aspirin, you name it. My test was not diluted at all, it was a straight up fail.
    From what I am gathering it seems that the OTC tests do indeed detect a level of how dirty you are (it would be nice if they clarified that). I would not count a ghost line as a negative. On the 2 different brands I used, one was pink and the other was a faint ghost line, and I still failed. Right now I have abstained for I think 35 days and still am showing a pail pink line. I feel that I have no choice but to try to sub (another fing test tomorrow a.m.)
    If hell exists this must be what it feels like. Oh also:
    Female
    30s
    5'7, 105 lbs (yeah I know, this stress is literally killing me)
    exercise regularly and I would think my metabolism is fast since I can't gain weight

I was a daily smoker but had no idea that it could still be in my system this long, especially considering I have barely any body fat, eat healthy and am active. People who say you'll pass in the lab with a ghost line are incorrect, I went in there with confidence and now look like a lying idiot. :( At the end of my rope. Sorry to scare anyone or sound negative but I wouldn't get my hopes up about those faint lines.
  5. vominatrix vominatrix

Yikes, good luck. I'm sorry to hear that. I'm expecting my pass/fail results today or the next day so I'll let you guys know how it goes. I'm really hoping for some divine intervention here. D:

It's discouraging to hear how slim you are and still failed! Makes me lose hope a little. But I'm glad for the information, thank you. :)
  6. partelo jones partelo jones

Yeah, all of my friends in addition to people at the local smoke shop are pretty shocked over it. I have friends that smoke the same day as their tests (wish I had the balls!) and they passed just by drinking gallons of water or a detox. I am at the point where I feel like my results were tampered with but there is no way in hell I'm proving that. I work with computers so I know how easy it is to falsify documents. I didn't go into the details but these people have been jerking me around a lot too, never told me I failed, in fact told me I passed, refused to show me the documents and then all of a sudden BLAM you failed, BTW. It has been a nightmare and really fishy. I can't sleep, can barely eat and now will probably have to go on anti depressants all over this, feel so trapped and hopeless. Don't know what to do :(
    I wonder if it takes women longer to process THC than men, combing over these boards and it sounds like women really get the sh** end of the stick with this... But what else is new. Good luck to you, be prepared for anything!
  7. vominatrix vominatrix

Well women have a higher body fat percentage and a harder time burning fat so I wouldn't be surprised. D: That sounds like a really tough situation, is it a pre-employment drug test?

I actually passed mine with no detox drinks or over hydration tricks. (I assume because they called me to schedule orientation
    today, I didn't order a copy of my results myself.) I hope nobody plays any tricks on me like they are doing to you, and I wish you good luck!
  8. partelo jones partelo jones

That's great, congrats!!!
    I got caught up in the legal system for reckless driving, was surprised with a drug test with only the 10 day warning. Apparently it's a "new system" and I got completely screwed over bc of it. I wasn't caught with pot or anything, I don't even do drugs, legal or otherwise. :p I might have to start now though! My doctor is pretty much forcing anti depressants on me.
    Anyway, at least someone has some good luck, have fun at the new job. :)
  9. Scorro1` Scorro1`

• Since: Mar 20, 2012
    Well, after reading a few topics within these forums, I found that mostly its reassuring to hear we would be passing based on a 15 dollar home test.

Regardless, I am in the same boat :)

27, 195lbs, 6'6" - Medium to High Metabolism. Smoker for many years but in the last one took it down to every other day, once per day. Quit for 60 days with only 2 tokes between then. My test is next Monday and I tested myself on the first void of the day.

This is my second home test.

[IMG]

My first test I did towards the end of the day and both lines were very dark. Let me know what you all think. Any hope is appreciated!

Oh and its a pre-employement test.
  10. Bobby0211 Bobby0211

• Since: Jun 5, 2012
    Home tests are 99.6 accurate. They use the standard 50ng/l cutoff levels that most drug screens and tests use. Are you sure your test was not a higher standard one where the cutoff levels are 20ng/l?

That info would be nice to know before you scAre and worry people out there who do pass with faint lines on their take home tests

Anyhow, quit smoking for 7 days and 13 hrs. I passed two take home tests (you can see a pic on he thread I recently created). Both were faint lines. One was with my 5th void of the day and the second one was from the morning---my dirtiest piss.

I am now going in to take a 10 panel test and reading your post is making me nervous as hell. I am not going to dilute. I am going to drink water like any normal person would throughtout the day. I did take vitamin b complex just to be safe. I figured it wouldnt hurt as long as my urine is not glowing. Wish me luck
  11. FullyBaked1975 FullyBaked1975

• Since: Mar 10, 2012
    @Bobby0211: I was scared also even after passing my home urine tests every time after about my 7-8 day of being smoke free. I do have a faster metabolism and played basketball every single day in the hot sun (sometimes until I almost collapsed), sweated my balls off, and drank at least 1-2 gallons of water and Gatorade daily (I know it doesn't get the thc out faster BUT it does speed up metabolism). I was still scared cause it was a very faint line; at times the line would look darker, other times (even after the darker lines) it would appear lighter again. I just think it is the material it is cut from but most are pretty accurate and show you if you passed at the 50ng level. I was still freaking out so I shipped my piss overnight to the lab (it cost me about $30 (I took the At Home Drug Test kit - $15 each, but they provide the stuff for you to send it in to them), they got it the following day it took about 3 days after they received it before I got my results. I had passed 100% under the 50ng line. About 3 days later I took my work urine test and passed with not problems :) There's my story... you should be fine without diluting - just don't give your first piss or two of the day. If you are still worried and have a chance, ship it overnight to the lab to be 100% sure.