Saliva test. Smoked 3-4 weeks ago. Help

Discussion in 'Urine Testing' started by Phonejack12, Sep 9, 2007.

1. Phonejack12 Phonejack12

• Since: Sep 9, 2007
    Ok, I smoked dope for my first time like 3-4 weeks ago, and I have a saliva test coming up tomorrow (monday sep 10th) at around 2.. I haven't much worried about till I got curious and asked people, they've told me it can stay in my system for like 3 months or some shit and they told me to use alcholic mouth wash before I take my test..

So I figured i'd ask some people who I feel know what there talking about.

So yeah, I smoked like 3-4 weeks ago and I have a saliva and or Pee test tomorrow, I smoked for my first time. I took 3-4 hits out of can bong thing and a few hits off a joint lol. Can anyone tell me if im clear and clear up these rumors. It'd be nice to hear some facts.

I checked wikipedia and other sites and they say it lasts like 24-48 hours max...so i pretty nervous about this and I really need this job.
    So, if anyone could give me ANY insight on this matter and give me a heads up would be GREATLY appericiated.

I need to know my percentages of passing this test. and I need to know would I pass a saliva and or Pee test?

Noobie in need xD

//aaron

p.s - im like 5'11 and I weigh like 190.
  2. bogo bogo

• Since: Apr 6, 2007
    you pass with no problems both tests
    Bogo
  3. ITG ITG

• Ardent Dilettante
    • Since: Nov 19, 2006
    Bogo's right... you will have no problem passing both tests.

The metabolites they look for CAN be detected for three months... in a regular user. See, THC metabolites are stored in fat. The more you smoke, the more these metabolites build up. As I understand it, they leave at the same rate no matter how much you've smoked (you CAN influence the rate of exodus by exercising and burning fat, though), so it takes a lot more time for THC to leave the system of someone who smokes daily than for a first timer (despite the gov't definition, I don't consider even a "once a month" smoker to be a regular smoker. That's so little it won't be detected unless the person was tested within 5 days).

Additionally, people who are leaner have a shorter detection window, because they have less fat to store it in. However, I believe that's only applicable to people who smoke often, because irregular smokers probably don't saturate all the fat they DO have. But, perhaps not. Anyone know?

Anyway, you're fine. Don't worry.

EDIT- BTW, yes, saliva tests can only detect use in the last 24-48 hours. If you smoked three days before the test, you'd STILL be fine. I'm personally of the opinion that companies do it either as a kind of lip service to being anti-drug when they don't really care enough to spend money on urine or hair tests, or to test the employee to see if he's got enough common sense to knock off smoking before an interview.
  4. Phonejack12 Phonejack12

• Since: Sep 9, 2007
    Wow, thanks to both of you all. I know I sound like a total turd but hearing something like that will make me feel much better, trsut me I need it xD.

I got in for the test, i'll update once I get the results back in a few days. I'll probley chug a few things of water just to make sure.

Thanks again.

//aaron
  5. vern vern

• Since: Nov 30, 2006
    Don't drink excessive amounts of water, that will only make you come up diluted (which can be a fail or re-test). Saliva test detection times are 1-48 hours, and up to 72 hours for chronic use. You could've passed a urine test about a week after your smoking. You are going to pass.