Save the bales!

Discussion in 'The Drug War Headline News' started by xxdr_zombiexx, Jun 18, 2004.

1. xxdr_zombiexx xxdr_zombiexx

• Leftist Blogger
    • Since: Sep 3, 2001
    Marijuana package found on beach
    Al.com | Thursday, June 17, 2004 | Staff Report

Origins of 50-pound bail unknown

A bail of marijuana weighing about 50 pounds washed up on the beach in Fort Morgan on Wednesday morning, according to the Baldwin County Sheriff's Department.

A pair of tourists found the illegal drugs sometime before 8 a.m. near Ponce de Leon Court, said Cpl. John Murphy, a spokesman for the department. The vacationers contacted the Sheriff's Department, which confirmed it was marijuana.

Murphy said the department would alert federal authorities, then destroy the drugs. He said it most likely was part of a larger shipment that somehow ended up in the Gulf, but added that it is nearly impossible to trace it.

"There is nothing we can really tie it to at this time," he said.

Murphy said the bail consisted of five individually wrapped packages bound together using plastic, tape, rope and material used in potato sacks.

"It's been in the water a little while since it had some barnacle growth on it," he said.

Murphy said a package of drugs washes up on Baldwin's beaches once every year or two, on average. He offered several possible explanations: It could simply have been dropped from a boat; it could have floated away after a boat sank or a plane crashed; or it could have been intentionally dumped by smugglers who thought law enforcement agents had spotted them.

"I'm sure that it was part of a larger load," Murphy said.
  2. FitShaced FitShaced

• Since: Feb 16, 2004
    HOLY CRAP DUDE!!! :eek: Man i wish i woulda found that.damn man 50 pounds of MJ just waiting for someone to find it.Where the hell was i at
  3. xxdr_zombiexx xxdr_zombiexx

• Leftist Blogger
    • Since: Sep 3, 2001
    "I'm sure that it was part of a larger load," Murphy said.

Yee-up.. He's gonna make a fiiiine dee-tective...hyuck, hyuck....
  4. StewScum StewScum

• Activist
    • Since: May 22, 2004
    Do you think it might pay off if i drive the coast in a flat bed truck, it may become profitable someday.
  5. j1znosh j1znosh

• Since: Mar 17, 2003
    i hate reading about stories like this. You always read about these people finding large amounts or weed and calling the cops...but just think about all the times it happens when people like us don't call the cops and no one ever hears about it :D
  6. iGame3D iGame3D

• Activist
    • Since: Jun 3, 2004
    Yeah wouldn't it be nice to call the cops a few months later and tell them
    "I found 50 pounds of weed on the beach and it was GREAT! Thanks to the stupid laws that you enforce I made more money off that bail in a month than you will make in two years. Have a nice day."
  7. Greenbud Greenbud

• Activist
    • Since: May 15, 2004
    Hmmm. I wonder how water tight that bale was? I'll bet that would be some pretty moldy, salty-tasting weed. Blecch!
  8. LeXtasy420 LeXtasy420

• Since: Dec 4, 2003
    =O 50lbs!#$#! u could almost swim in that
  9. Srvflunky420 Srvflunky420

God I hate people who call the cops. But the bale was a cuple different bags taped all up tight around plastic so Its possible it could be good, ive seen ductape hold a boat together literaly (i got some very cheap ass friends).

Ahh jesus thats alota weed.... now im gonna have to go beat the hell outa my punchin bag.
  10. Gentle Giant Gentle Giant

• Since: Feb 24, 2004
    How much to smoke and how much to sell....

Let's see, if I kept the 50 lbs, how long would it take to smoke it? Scratch that, if I kept 40 lbs, how long would it take to smoke it? Uh, if I kept 30 lbs, how long would it take to ........., gee this is too hard to decide.
  11. Greenbud Greenbud

• Activist
    • Since: May 15, 2004
    LOL! You must live in the South too. Yep. Louisiana. I knew it :D
  12. Srvflunky420 Srvflunky420

yuuup thats how we get things done around here. Slap some duct tape on it and job done, grab a joint and a couple beers and its time to go fishin.
  13. bera bera

• Since: Jun 9, 2004
    :idea:keep em all....50 lbs...that amount of weed would "feed" me for a whole year if you ask me...