scraping resin

Discussion in 'Smoking Accessories' started by spec0r, Jan 8, 2002.

1. spec0r spec0r

• Banned
    • Since: Nov 17, 2001
    what's the best household easily-accessable item to use to scrape the resin out of ur bowl?

(my bowl has a midle piece u can unscrew, and thats where most of the resin is located)
  2. techno_trancer techno_trancer

• Since: Oct 19, 2001
    I use a small razor blade if its on hand, if it aint, like one time in my car, we just used my one of my keys and it was pretty sticky after.
  3. HappyMan HappyMan

• Subscriber
    • Since: Apr 13, 2001
    I use an Xacto knife, Paper clip and or screw drive.
  4. Panama Panama

• Seasoned Activist
    • Since: Oct 8, 2000
    Thread Moved:

To the Methods of Use forum.
  5. ChicoStoner ChicoStoner

• Since:
    Paperclips

I use a paper clip every time I scrape my pipe. It works so good because you can bend it to form tools for scraping around lips and edges, etc.
  6. zenith zenith

• Since:
    Just wash your pipe out with alcohol, save all the nasty ass green/brown alcohol that you get, and dry it out (I usually just sit it under the sun or a hot lamp for a while). Scrape up all the goop that's left over. Tada, you just extracted 99% of the resin that's inside your pipe. Way better than scraping
  7. MBdanksXs3 MBdanksXs3

• Since: Oct 22, 2001
    Umm...

I don't think it would be a good idea to smoke that after it has been soaked in alcohol. But I guess you could try it.
  8. zenith zenith

• Since:
    Um you've never heard of hash oil, have you?
  9. Daniel Daniel

• Since: Oct 10, 2000
    Alcohol will evaporate. You can use it to clean out a pipe. Just don't try to smoke out of it when it is still wet. You could get literally "baked".

If you really want to do it with some sort of solvent, you can use acetone or alcohol. If you want to use alcohol, Wallgreens and other pharmacies usually have 2 different strengths. Get the higher percentage alcohol, it works and dries much quicker.

One of the best things that I have come up with to clean a pipe is a wire clothes hanger cut up into 4-7 inch pieces. It is bendable, just about the exact size for most mouth pieces, cheap, disposable etc.

Other than that, a ball point pen taken apart has tons of possibilities.

Get a tool like a Leatherman. Though you may not want to use this to clean, it works great for making "cleaning tools".

(pausing for 4:20)

Good luck!

Daniel
  10. spec0r spec0r

• Banned
    • Since: Nov 17, 2001
    thanks

thanks alot, u guys gave me some good idea's.. and sorry moderator.. i have a terrible habit of not posting under the right category.. mostly because im stoned when i post :D
  11. Abracadabra Abracadabra

• Since:
    just a tip, use any of the aforementioned tools, but light the tip of it with your lighter. a smoldering tool makes the resin just melt off. :D
  12. WhiteBoy WhiteBoy

• Sloth
    • Since: Oct 30, 2001

i just do what zenith does....

except i use this one glass bowl thingie and i put it on a lava lamp base, and it evaporates in like 10 minutes...

this method works great... and its much easier scraping a large bowl than a small pipe....
  13. StevieRayVaughan StevieRayVaughan

• Since:
    I have a small hand blown glass pipe um Let me get this straight. I take the alchohol and soak my pipe in itthen i take it out and scrape out the resin? i have regular rubbing alchohol like for cuts

are you sure this resin is safe to smoke after it drys?
  14. Rusty_Cage Rusty_Cage

• Sophist
    • Since: Jun 19, 2001
    i usually hold just hold my lighter up to the part i wanna scrape to soften it up and use the thing on the finger nail clippers that is supposed to scrape the dirt out from under your nails.
  15. RøaÇh420 RøaÇh420

• Since:

ok ive never used hash oil and kinda curious on how it goes, the "goop" u scoop up, do you just dry that out and smoke it or what:confused:
  16. HitTheHammeR HitTheHammeR

• Since: Oct 14, 2001
    ok... to clear up alcohol extraction method

first, u take the given glass... er whatever

soak it in a high percentage alcohol, i would say, overnight.... to get out all the (not going to say good... bleh) resin

ok... then the next time ur able to check out ur peice, after it has soaked in alcohol for a good amount of time, wash out the peice... and see that brownish... weird sorta liquid u soaked the peice in? yup... u guessed it... thats what u gotta smoke

so, to get it into smokable form, obviously u gotta evaporate the alcohol... and then once the alcohol is evaporated, u got that ooey gooey black stuff left to smoke

enjoy (i guess?)
    greenfish13 likes this.
  17. soybomb soybomb

• Marijuana Guru
    • Since: Sep 26, 2001
    How potent is resin when you smoke it anyway? Is it worth saving?:confused:
  18. RøaÇh420 RøaÇh420

• Since:
    well put it this way, when they sticky resin is in yor peice, think of it like this, for how long its been there, the thc has been concentrated into it and stuck to ur peice, so its like a lil bit of all the weed you smoked, in a stinky sticky gooey black form :p
    greenfish13 likes this.
  19. jac jac

• Since:
    There are many different reports of people enjoying/hating resin, but the general consensus seems to be that it gets you Really Messed Up. As for me, I like smoking resin very occasionally (well, whenever I clean my stuff, which isn't too frequently) because I get particularly burnt out from the high. Make no mistake about it, the resin high is certainly different from a regular high - to me, it feels like a really heavy body stone, much more intellectually stifling (I turn into a babbling simp =) and physically noticeable. Anyone out there agree with me on this?

I save the resin as a last resort, because when you're out of weed and you need a toke, resin will save the day. I just realized I didn't really answer your question, but I'm stoned and it feels good to type, so I'm just going to push this button called "Submit Reply" and call it a night!
  20. GhostFace4Ever GhostFace4Ever

• Since: Dec 7, 2001
    LOL. I save all my resin. And then once I have about .5 or 1.0 I sell it for $20(.5) or $40(1.0). The trick is that once you have enough you try to smash it together and get it all sticky. I have done it twice and it worked.