shabong question

Discussion in 'Hand Pipes' started by Gnome, Dec 17, 2007.

1. Gnome Gnome

• Since: Nov 7, 2007
    ok so i think i have a shabong,and im new to pipes,used to use papers.

if it is a shabong where do i put the weed and how do i use it??lol

need help please!

[Mod note : Lets watch the cross-posting, the same post in creative writing forum tanked and infracted]
  2. markd653 markd653

• Since: Oct 5, 2007
    you need to get screen and place it at the bottom of your bowl nd u put the weed in the bowl after tthe screen is lated down flat then you cover the end with ur hand and use that opening as a rush

:mj:Happy Smoking:mj:
  3. Gnome Gnome

ok,so what is a screen?like a roach?can i buy one in the head shop?

sorry if i sound stuid but thanks for your help
  4. markd653 markd653

yeah you can get them at the headshops, theyre just pieces of metal or copper cut in the shape of a circle and it makes it so no weed can go threw the hole
  5. pkster8235 pkster8235

• Lazy Dancer
    • Since: Jun 27, 2007
    A screen looks similar to the metal mesh that goes into a tap (if you know what that is).
    You can get them at your local headshop.. they are typically 5 for $1 or something similar to that.
  6. Gnome Gnome

ok thanks a million!
    also do you have to change the screen every so often?
  7. Gnome Gnome

also i heard tinfoil wif small holes in it can be used as a quick screen.

any more you can make yourself?(i dont want to have to goto the headshop to light up right now)
  8. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    Screens will get clogged up with residue from incompletely burned weed. At that point you can replace it or clean it. To clean it, hold the screen by an edge with a pair of needle-nose pliers and flame it with a propane torch, a butane lighter, or a gas stove (propane torch is the best). All of the residue will burn off. Blow off the ash and reinstall the screen.

You can clean a screen this way four or five times before it becomes brittle and needs to be replaced.
  9. markd653 markd653

dont use tinfoil it can cause alhziemers
  10. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    This is another urban myth. There is aluminum in the Alzheimer's plaques found in the brains of deceased patients. Some people jumped to the conclusion that this is somehow due to eating food cooked in aluminum pans. Others made the leap that it could be due to smoking weed out of aluminum foil. There has never been any scientific research supporting either of these arguments.

Aluminum is, after all, one of the most common elements in Earth's crust. We're awash in it, but not everyone gets Alzheimer's. The fact that it is concentrated in Alzheimer's plaques in no way implies that it causes those plaques to form.

The Alzheimer's Society says:
    A number of environmental factors have been put forward as possible contributory causes of Alzheimer's disease in some people. Among these is aluminium. There is circumstantial evidence linking this metal with Alzheimer's disease but no causal relationship has yet been proved. As evidence for other causes continues to grow, a possible link with aluminium seems increasingly unlikely.