Smoking after working out/exercising?

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Kushy, May 17, 2009.

1. Kushy Kushy

• down
    • Since: May 2, 2009
    I can imagine it might feel realllyyyy good. Anyone ever get that feeling after you work out and take a shower and you just start chillin and you feel really clean and tired and relaxed? I haven't had any bud in awhile :( and I just started working out recently, so I was wondering how it is once I can get some again.

I also ask because my dad is going to let me occasionally smoke in the house, and I could show him that after working out smoking is a nice way to relax.

So anyone tried just blazin it after a bigass workout or exercise? How is it.. Reccomend? etc? haha I don't see any reason why anyone wouldn't recommend it lol, but does it help you relax a lot and make your muscles feel good after a workout?
  2. Jericho99 Jericho99

• Since: Dec 10, 2008
    It is an awesome way to relax man. I find it hard to do physical exercise while high(it works well for some though), but I find that after hard lifting or exertion, weed really helps facilitate relaxation in the muscles. This relaxation is critical for the recovery state which is truly necessary to see results from exercise.

Weed after a good workout also helps stimulate the munchies for an excellent post-workout meal. Personally, when I'm high, I feel like I can taste certain chemicals and impurities in food, so eating while high ensures that I tend to munch out on the healthy stuff.

This is what I recommend: Vape a bowl(smoke if you have to) immediately after a good workout, chill out for 20 minutes to let your body settle, eat a nutritious meal, and then go for a nice walk in the spring weather.
  3. KMKbuzz4-2-0 KMKbuzz4-2-0

• Since: Jul 1, 2006
    Before I entered "The Crippled Phase" portion of my life the combo of working out then lighting up ws certianly a staple...going way back to weightlifting class before lunch break ;) ...one thing though was that I never liked smoking immediately after working out. For me it felt better to wait 10-15 minutes for my muscles to relax a bit naturally and the smoke, or vaporize if I was at home...normally I don't care to point out a difference but at a vape was always nicer in this situation. of course that could be because I have a slight case of sports asthma :shrug:
  4. Kushy Kushy

• down
    • Since: May 2, 2009
    Ah that sounds amazing now that it's been confirmed. Just recently I had a big old honest talk with my dad about smoking and talked to him all about marijuana and how I'd rather be honest with him about everything, and how if smoking is something I enjoy I think it would be healthy to partake in an activity I enjoy. His main concern is just that it would make me lazy, but if I show him that I work out and do healthy activity he'd so be down for letting me blaze it and relax after :)

Anybody more "advanced" know anything about the effects of weed on muscles and lactic acid buildup? I was thinking that since weed is a muscle relaxant, would that have any effect on the muscles production of lactic acid (the acid responsible for making your muscles feel sore)? Could be interesting to know.
  5. Ellisisking Ellisisking

• Since: Dec 3, 2008
    smoking after a workout is nice, but smoking before is just that much nicer. i feel i get a much better workout if i am high enough to just get lost in what i am doing and let the time pass. before i know it, it has been like an hour and i am dead beat
  6. Shogun Shogun

• Since: Apr 19, 2009
    I smoked a bowl the other day before playing basketball with some friends. We had some intense games. About 4 hours of playing ball. Needless to say, my body was exhausted. So a buddy and I smoked before heading to a party that same night and I must say that I truly felt like liquid after smoking that night. A strenuous body workout and then smoking after is a beautiful feeling.
  7. TokenNutritionist TokenNutritionist

• Since: May 12, 2009
    smoking pot wont effect your muscle building. i smoke before and after every workout every day.
  8. nlancerstar50 nlancerstar50

• Since: Apr 18, 2009
    Do not recommend only for one main reason. If you enjoy working out thats one thing, but trying to build or strengthen muscles won't work well with marijuana. It's a relaxant and studies do show that it can significantly slow down muscle building. Sources, my life, my body-building dad's life, and do you ever see people like AAANOLD doing it?
  9. wheezbees wheezbees

• Since: Sep 26, 2010
    The best high

I have been a gymnast for 19 yrs. I am 22 yrs old. I was born with iscoliosis and have chronic back pain due to gymnastics.
    I was training for the olympics until a fatal accent of which I broke both bones in my arm, broke my foot, and tore my ACL/MCL.
    After 7 surgries on my now bionic body I no longer do gymnastics. But I am still a hardcore athelete (triathilons) so I still train 7 days a week
    2 hrs a day. But....in order to do this it requires my secret magic weapon. WEED!

Not only has it helped with chronic aches from iscoliosis but I believe it has rid me of the pre-arthiritis some of my gymnatics peers are now suffering.

I highly reccomend hitting th gym, showers, then the bong for a truly exceptional relaxing experience.
    Also, if you smoke/ingest before a workout (I only rec. Cardio) it will actually help increase your time. (Personal experience) although I don't reccommend working out stoned!!!

"I am living proof that herb is in fact a healing power given by the gods"

-stoner jock
  10. wheezbees wheezbees

• Since: Sep 26, 2010
    The best high

I have been a gymnast for 19 yrs. I am 22 yrs old. I was born with iscoliosis and have chronic back pain due to gymnastics.
    I was training for the olympics until a fatal accent of which I broke both bones in my arm, broke my foot, and tore my ACL/MCL.
    After 7 surgries on my now bionic body I no longer do gymnastics. But I am still a hardcore athelete (triathilons) so I still train 7 days a week
    2 hrs a day. But....in order to do this it requires my secret magic weapon. WEED!

Not only has it helped with chronic aches from iscoliosis but I believe it has rid me of the pre-arthiritis some of my gymnatics peers are now suffering.

I highly reccomend hitting th gym, showers, then the bong for a truly exceptional relaxing experience.
    Also, if you smoke/ingest before a workout (I only rec. Cardio) it will actually help increase your time. (Personal experience) although I don't reccommend working out stoned!!!

"I am living proof that herb is in fact a healing power given by the gods"

-stoner jock
  11. llLayll llLayll

• Since: Sep 11, 2010
    Good idea. I will try that when I start working out. Need ta build muscle and fat. Exercise smoke and eat= good time :D
  12. Boom Shanker Boom Shanker

• Since: Jan 19, 2010
    Sounds good except the fact that weed increases your metabolism so what you need to do is eat right after you work out. Refuel your muscles with nutrients. Then smoke. It will help you with the munchies. Whats the point of workin out hardcore and then getting high only to find out you gained more unwanted calories than you burned?
    Workout - Shower - Eat - Smoke/Vape - Eat fresh fruits (IF you get uncontrollable munchies) BTW if you smoke cigs anywhere inbetween this process...your workout is a total waste.
  13. CallMeJon CallMeJon

• Since: Sep 27, 2010
    I do this all the time, I am a very active person and about five or ten minutes after a hard run i love smoking a bowl, i feel like i havent been up all day. Word of obvious advice though, dont smoke before a workout, I did once and it was fine I just didn't enjoy it.
  14. High-Fi High-Fi

• Since: Sep 21, 2010
    I love the feeling of working out hard followed by the proper nutrition to replenish my body, and then a fat, fat bowl. Helps get rid of the soreness.

I used to sesh BEFORE I worked out too haha
  15. zappy zappy

• Pondering Primate
    • Since: Aug 26, 2009
    I love smoking after working out, it's a really good way to wind down. Lately I've been smoking quite a bit of weed, so I figured that to stop myself from succumbing to laziness I'd begin reversing things, so not only do I smoke after working out, I work out when I smoke too. I call it The Stoners Workout.

Right before I take a hit from my bong, I do as many pushups, sit ups and bicep curls as I can. I'm starting to mix other workouts in too like squats and dead-lifts, so I can work different muscle groups. It's handy when my little brother or sister is around too, because I can get them to sit on my pack while I do pushups, and that makes for a damn good workout, and they find it fun too lol. I got home from college the other day and 6 year old sister jumped on my back right away saying "work out time!!!" :D. Then once I'm done working out, I can munch on some healthy food that's lying around. Why bother eating unhealthy food when everything tastes so damn good anyway? I'm happy munching on tomato while high lol, and it's healthy so why not.

I'm actually getting pretty ripped now. Initially I could only do about 20 pushups, but now I can do about 60. I'm starting to grow a 6 pack too. All in all I've gained about 15 pounds of muscle mass. Wow, I could turn this into a late night informercial and make some gooooood money ;).

Plenty of people have the idea that weed makes people lazy, which is true for some people, but definitely not for all. The only obstacle stopping people from exercising is a psychological one, and once that barrier is overcome, no amount of weed can get in the way. Sure it's fun lazing around smoking weed, but I find that the the health benefits and 'clear headedness' that come with working out far outweigh any benefits to being a lazy stoner.