Smoking and taking ativan

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by Guitarrr, May 30, 2010.

1. Guitarrr Guitarrr

• Since: Dec 12, 2009
    About two weeks ago, I was prescribed Ativan for my social anxiety and generalized anxiety. Usually when I smoke pot, I tend to get very anxious and jittery, and all in all, I just don't enjoy the experience. But, there are also times when the high is great and I love every second of it. I'm wondering, do you think taking 1mg of Ativan, then smoking would be a good idea? I haven't taken too much of the Ativan so far, but when I did take it, it helped a lot. It kills any anxiety I have for a good six hours, so I figure taking it, then smoking, would only mean a great, anxiety free high. By the way, Ativan is similar to Xanax and Valium. The only difference is, Ativan isn't as strong, but it lasts longer. I really want to enjoy being high because whenever I have a good high, it's so much fun just hanging with a few friends and talking. Especially since we're all into philosophy haha. Long talks about existentialism while stoned.
  2. Vicki Vicki

• Cat Whisperer
    • Since: Dec 8, 2004
    I have taken Ativan while vaping cannabis, but you should be careful. You don't know how mixing the two will affect you, so I'd start with the lowest dose of Ativan (0.5mg), and then toke a little, see how you feel.
  3. zoo zoo

• Since: Jan 18, 2009
    Good combo for many on benzos. In fact, many benzo users find they are able to lower their dosages of the med by supplementing their benzo intake with cannabis. Some even then eliminate their benzo intake and utilize cannabis to address their anxiety issues altogether. But cannabis CAN sometimes have an opposite effect and exacerbate anxiety problems for some even when cannabis normally provides them relief.

But anytime a non-toxic substance like cannabis can replace in whole or in part the intake of a drug like benzodiazapines; that's a good thing.

The two substances together seem to work well for many though.
    2 people like this.
  4. Smokey McBongwater Smokey McBongwater

• Since: Apr 20, 2010
    = awesome
  5. solomons_lion solomons_lion

• Since: Apr 20, 2010
    There seems to be a lot of threads about marijuana mixed with benzos, i mix marijuana with a "mood stabilizer" that was perscribed to me for sleep (Risperidone) and it works better IMO. Same with when i was prescribed valium.

As for on Ativan, ive taken it once or twice, after switching scripts, and its fine for me, i was taking 1 mgs and smoking and it was great.