Smoking before class

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by boosted-r32, Apr 7, 2010.

1. boosted-r32 boosted-r32

• Since: Apr 2, 2010
    I have been going through a lot of stress lately and it has increased the amount i smoke. to concentrate on my classes at the University i go to i smoke before all of them as well. it has helped me so far.. but does this work for anyone else?
  2. Midnighttoker Midnighttoker

• Since: Mar 18, 2009
    I've been to class once while stoned, and I won't do it again. It was pretty much just a huge buzzkill, and I had a lot of trouble focusing on work. I've found I like to save smoking for weekends and times when I've got no commitments.

I'm sure it's different with everyone, especially daily smokers who are more used to functioning normally high
  3. THC FOR ME THC FOR ME

• Since: Mar 22, 2010
    I function normally if not better when I am high. I also attend a 4 year university and am enrolled in 12 units. While i do not smoke before every class i do sometimes smoke before class. I find it a different experience to be high in class than being sober. I'm not sure if it makes me concentrate more but i generally find the material more interesting when i'm high so therefore causing me to pay attention. But it is different for all people.
    1 people like this.
  4. lloydchristmas lloydchristmas

• Since: Apr 3, 2010
    I feel like I learn ALOT more when I go to class like that. It makes it easier to understand what the teacher is trying to teach. But sometimes I get paranoid a little. I sometimes think the teacher is going to call on me and I will sound like a retard. I haven't done it this semester because of choice, even though I should because of how boring my classes are. But my paranoia is at an all-time high when I do this, which I hate.
    1 people like this.
  5. THC FOR ME THC FOR ME

• Since: Mar 22, 2010
    Please do tell, what happened the last day of last semester lol?
  6. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    It wouldn't work for me. Sitting in class, listening to a lecture is a very linear activity. When I'm high, my mind goes in twenty different directions at the same time. Sorting out the lecture from the other 19 things would be nearly impossible.
    1 people like this.
  7. boosted-r32 boosted-r32

• Since: Apr 2, 2010
    i am way more interested in the topic too. ha i function better high thats for sure
  8. Love4TheNugg Love4TheNugg

• NorCal MushroomCloud
    • Since: Mar 25, 2010
    I can pay way better attention in class if im stoned, I dont do it often though because I usually dont have the chance
  9. AstroCoaster AstroCoaster

• Since: Nov 2, 2009
    Maby earlyer in the day if it were night classes, but right before taking a class ? No way ! I'd be looking to get the hell out of there. ... Come on everyone ! Save your weed for stuff like listening to music, looking at artwork, psychedelic pictures and tripping posters.
  10. Joker12 Joker12

• Since: Mar 21, 2010
    I got to school only about 2.5 hours a day and I cant remember the last time I went to school and wasn't high. It helps me concentrate a lot, when I smoke I tend to concentrated more on things, when sober my mind is in a million different places at once and I find it hard to stay on task
  11. lloydchristmas lloydchristmas

• Since: Apr 3, 2010
    Ha I edited that out because I knew someone would've asked. But I'll tell it anyways.

It really came down to me being paranoid out of my mind. But before I got to class I smoked a lot more than I should have. I practically almost forgot that I had class. I arrived late thinking I only had to turn in a paper (which was our final), and then I'd be gone. But I get to class around 15 minutes too late have a packed class all stare at me as I walk in, which signaled the paranoia. And then the teacher made some smirk to me that I couldn't comprehend, and I just shrugged it off. But why everyone was still there was because the teacher wanted to play a few songs for us. It sounds awesome as I tell the story now, but this somehow increased my paranoia as well. Before he played his songs he would go into these elaborate stories of how he played these songs over in Europe and everyone in the bar got up and started dancing, and also how he thought of these songs, etc. But anyways, he played the songs and I sat quietly and listened while I was twitching out of my mind sitting the front row. When he was done I just wanted to get the heck outta there and be gone. As soon as he was done he called us by alphabetical order by last name to turn our papers in. When he did this, the people that came up started hugging him and telling him and telling their goodbyes in front of the class. While I had time to sit there, I kept thinking that I am going to make a fool outta myself and do something stupid which will embarass me, and that got me REALLY paranoid and somehow nervous. But I finally got called and turned my paper in and didn't say a word. It was just so awkward, and I didn't say anything so I could save face and be gone. He just kinda patted me on the back and I forgot what I said but it was probly something like "alright, see ya", while I tried not to look into his eyes because they were bloodshot red. The worst part about it is this teacher is a family friend, and I kept thinking he knew I was stoned the whole time. But as soon as I walked out of that class I vowed to myself that I would never go to class high again.
  12. AstroCoaster AstroCoaster

• Since: Nov 2, 2009
    OMG ! What are people going to say next ? Dropping @cid helped me focus and I got an A+ on my final exam so I'm going to do it before every class.
  13. Shellshock Shellshock

• Subscriber
    • Since: Oct 16, 2009
    I'll do essays and things like that stoned, but don't like going to class stoned. I can't learn stoned too too well, but I can recall and apply information quite well.
  14. Frostb1te Frostb1te

• Since: Feb 17, 2009
    i actually got a 80 on a quiz under the influence of X :/ big mistake started freaking out in my mind about it and sweating
  15. greenmonster2420 greenmonster2420

• Since: Dec 17, 2008
    Excuse me, but who the hell are you to tell anyone else what they should or shouldn't be doing with their herb? It's an individual choice that doesn't work for some but works for others.

Personally, I go to class high sometimes and others not. It doesn't have much of an effect on my retention of information or my ability to participate in class. Honestly, when I toke before class, it's more to make the 20-30 minute walk across campus more enjoyable. I wouldn't do it if it had negative effects on my grades, but since it doesn't, I don't see why anyone would feel the need to tell me I should be doing otherwise. I don't tell other people that they should go to class high, and they shouldn't be telling me I shouldn't.
    1 people like this.
  16. Cosmic_Smoke Cosmic_Smoke

• Since: Sep 7, 2009
    I did a whole lot last year, but that was my freshman year, and freshman classes are huge. I could just sit in the back row and it would be fine. But now i'm pretty far into my major sequence (psychology), and the classes aren't as big so its allot harder to blend in.
  17. chowy chowy

• Since: Apr 6, 2010
    guys, do you all smoke out of blunts, or are there like pocket size water bongs/vaperizors that you guys can take like one hit out of, and then, go to class? or are they all blunts?

whats your guys views on baked goods?
  18. Shellshock Shellshock

• Subscriber
    • Since: Oct 16, 2009
    Personally everything you just said bores the shit out of me... Lucky for you, it's YOUR opinion, not mine. Perhaps you can give people the same respect.
  19. Dylirious Dylirious

• Since: Apr 1, 2010
    I had really solid classes through grd 12 so I did pretty much everyday
  20. tkfour21 tkfour21

• Since: Mar 4, 2010
    Personally, being high in class REALLY helps me learn and shit. I kinda found this out on accident. I was taking an Astronomy class and we were gonna watch a video about space n shit, so a buddy and I decided to get SUPER high before, because space + high = pretty fucking cool. We watched the awesome vid, but then after, the teacher gave us a QUIZ. We almost freaked but managed to keep our cool and took the quiz. Afterwards we were surprised at how easy the quiz seemed, but we assumed it was because we were high, and probably failed it. The next day we went to class sober and we had gotten A's on the quiz! We then frequently went to classes high and by the end of the first 4 weeks I still had A's in ALL* of my classes. However, before we could finish the quarter, the school found a blog we were writing and kicked us out for the rest of the quarter :'(

*note: I am NOT an A student, I never have been. My overall GPA is like 2.6 and this is NOT under the influence of weed. I only really started smoking last quarter.

I know this isn't the case with everyone, but I sure am glad I can do it! Haha!