Smoking Before Work?? HELP!!

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by llLayll, Oct 21, 2010.

1. llLayll llLayll

• Since: Sep 11, 2010
    Ok I just started my job at Ross as Loss Prevention on Saturday. My feet be killing me when Im at work. I have those foot gels to make it better but it doesn't work that good.

So I was wondering, has anyone smoked weed before going to work? Do you have any suggestions?

Will it decrease the pain in my feet? How do I hide the high from my managers?

I have 8hour shifts.
  2. Free For All Free For All

• Since: Oct 14, 2010
    How long have you been smoking, becuase if you get distracted to easily, that might not be a good thing. But I've never really smoked before work, I've had friends who did it, and they worked concessions at a movie theater. But they had been smoking for quite awhile. Like what do you do at your job? Do you interact with a lot of people?
    1 people like this.
  3. MrG13 MrG13

• Since: Oct 17, 2010
    I don't think that even if you could hide your buzz well, it would be good for your predicament. Pot can cure pain when you are sitting around and relaxing. But, for me at least, it might make it worse while you are at work
    1 people like this.
  4. FriendlyListener FriendlyListener

• Since: Jul 10, 2010
    If you have an LP job then you definitely shouldn't smoke before you go to work.

Maybe you should invest in a nice pair of running shoes.
    1 people like this.
  5. stoneygreenbud stoneygreenbud

• Super Moderator
    • Since: Oct 31, 2005
    Thats great advise!

I have worked in a varity of loss prevention areas, and I can say first hand that while you are on the job, at any time you could come in contact with someone that needs to be detained and or arrested, its important for you to be at the top of your game, for your safety as for those around you. anything could happen when you stop a subject for theft, they might be coopertive, or they might become combative. you just never know, so impairing yourself (by getting high) IMHO isn't a very good idea, save it for after work, if you've had a rough day it can help you to unwind and relax.

~Stoney~
    1 people like this.
  6. tenajtimmad tenajtimmad

• Since: Mar 31, 2008
    i would not do it, but as stoney said i would use it to relax when i finally got off work, imagine how nice it would feel to kick back and relax after a hard days work. maybe you just havent found good shoes that conform to your foot. try wearing double socks for more cushion.
    1 people like this.
  7. Ghost of Gravity Ghost of Gravity

• Since: Oct 19, 2010
    I hate smoking before work because it makes the day seem like its infinite. And I worked customer service so I figured it would help me mellow out and make my job easier. Man was I wrong... It just made me paranoid and my co-workers would ask if I was ok or that I looked tired and out of it.

So agreed. Save it for home. If you can safely and effective do you job high then good for you, but if you need to ask if you should, chances are you probably shouldn't.
    2 people like this.
  8. Ghost of Gravity Ghost of Gravity

• Since: Oct 19, 2010
    Oh and I forgot. I had to be on my feet all day and good shoes are definitely key. Get something with a nice arch in them. Cross trainers are what I liked. I personally preferred Asics and Puma. New Balance is good too (although I find them a little heavy for running, they are ok for standing :))
    1 people like this.
  9. Free For All Free For All

• Since: Oct 14, 2010
    That was my problem to, it took me three weeks finally to get a nice pair of work shoes. And man that was the best decision I've ever made.
    Because it sucks standing for about 10 hours. With about 30 minute break, in the middle.

But yeah it might not be a great idea. Just wait till you get done with work, when you can really enjoy it. :)
    1 people like this.
  10. stoneygreenbud stoneygreenbud

• Super Moderator
    • Since: Oct 31, 2005
    On a side note, do a good job and make alot of arrests, that way you'll be off your feet sitting at a desk doing paperwork :D
    1 people like this.
  11. 420purplemoon 420purplemoon

• Since: Oct 11, 2010
    I'm a waitress, and I know exactly how you feel, my feet used to kill me! Every now and again I will smoke before work and on breaks, but it doesn't really help with pain in my feet, just lower back pain. I suggest getting some gel in-soles, like Dr. Scholl's or something. They honestly work wonders on your feet.
    1 people like this.
  12. llLayll llLayll

I only been smoking in all 7months since July 2009. My main jobs are to greet customers, keep an eye on suspicious people and make them uncomfortable by walking passed them and letting them know I'm watching them (When they leave its funny). I interact with mostly everyone who walks through the doors:D.
  13. llLayll llLayll

Thanks Everyone!! I decided not to smoke before I work ( I'll smoke after). I will buy me a pair of good shoes and some foot gels :D