So...can anybody get medical marijuana?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by MonarchX, Dec 26, 2007.

1. MonarchX MonarchX

• Since: Oct 2, 2005
    Do you have to have a specific condition or can even a healthy person living in a state like California get medical marijuana and legally smoke?

Do you have to smoke inside your residence only or can you freely go and smoke in some park with your friend if you got your MJ card?
  2. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    You have to get a recommendation from a doctor. Some doctors are willing to compromise the medical marijuana laws by writing recommendations for people without a legitimate health care need.

Proposition 215 does not give a broad freedom to medical marijuana patients to use marijuana anywhere, any time. It doesn't guarantee that you won't get arrested: it provides a defense, not immunity. It certainly wouldn't protect a friend who doesn't have a doctor's recommendation.

The abuse of medical marijuana laws gives credence to the theory propounded by the prohibitionists that medical marijuana is just a scam so that potheads can smoke with impunity. This threatens legitimate medical marijuana patients with having this privilege withdrawn. It also detracts from efforts of those of us pushing to get marijuana legalized for recreational use.
  3. eltone eltone

• Since: Jun 9, 2007
    Medical Marijuana use in California

The theory perpetrated by the anti marijuana crowd that marijuana is harmful to your health is greatly exaggerated.:soapbox: Just look at alcohol & nicotine the only 2 recreational drugs legalized by our government. They are both physically addictive and fatal. Marijuana is not addictive, it might have a psychological dependence on people who have a general anxiety disorder but they don't know it because the marijuana treats the disorder, so naturally there will be anxiety when your prescription runs out and you haven't got a refill. I smoked marijuana daily for 27 years and quit cold turkey because I was bored with it, no problem. My sleep cycle wasn't even disturbed. Imagine what my health would be like if I drank daily for 27 years or smoked a pack a day for 27 years. This is blatant proof that smoking marijuana is not very harmful to one's health and well being. When I quit marijuana I didn't want harder or different drugs I wanted sobriety. I only started smoking again after a 10 year abstinance to control my 24/7 state of nausea caused from 2 diabetic neuropathic disorders that both effect my digestive system, I acquired these diseases while I was not smoking marijuana, maybe if I wouldn't have quit I might not have acquired diabetes, things that make you go Hmmm. It is the height of hipocrosy and cruelty to withold this healing, non addictive drug from medical use and it is cruel and just plain stupid for a country to deprive its citizens from a non fatal, non addictive recreational drug. Why haven't we seen hundreds of thousands of deaths or illnesses caused from marijuana smoking since there are millions of people who smoke it everyday? Man has wanted to alter his state of mind since he has existed, to limit recreational drugs to only addictive and fatal drugs is cruel not to mention bloody crazy! Legalize marijuana, recreational and Industrial, its just plain stupid healthwise and economic wise not too. Vote Ron Paul in 2008:hail: