Sore throat from smoking

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by Cynne, Apr 22, 2009.

1. Cynne Cynne

• Since: Apr 22, 2009
    Hello peeps. I've come seeking advice from you knowledgeable group of advocates. I've been smoking since my teens for the last ten years or so. A few years ago, I got a lot more hardcore with smoking joints every day, and as a result really hurt my throat, though the people I smoked with never had any similar side effects. So to stop this I bought myself a Volcano vaporizer. It was totally worth it, and things got a lot better, until very recently. In late March I found my throat was again bothering me. At this point I was hitting the vaporizer about twice a day. Now here's the thing. A sore throat isn't that much to complain about, but I have a hiatal hernia (part of the stomach protrudes up into the throat) , which causes me to have a lot of heartburn (I take 2 pills daily to reduce the acid content of m stomach and does a decent job of stopping my heartburn) and predisposes me to esophagus cancer, and cancer freaks me right out. So I basically stopped regularly smoking. Since late March I've hit the bag twice, and I turned the heat down to like a 5 on the volcano. Each time my throat was worst the next morning, though it didn't seem so bad when I was actually smoking, but even now as I write this my throat is a bit sore and it's been almost a week since I smoked. As well there are small bumps I can feel on the soft part of my mouth when I make my tongue feel as far back as it can. So I've basically concluded that I burnt my throat with the Volcano, but I don't know what I should do about it, I mean I want to keep smoking, but damaging my throat is a serious no-no. How long do these things take to heal? What alternatives do I have to keep getting high without hurting my throat (besides eating the pot)?

Anyway, I know that's a lot to read, sorry about that, but I wanted to be thorough. Any information that you can provide would be appreciated.
    Thanks