Spider mite infestation HELP!

Discussion in 'Growing Topics' started by $till_$mokin, Oct 30, 2010.

1. $till_$mokin $till_$mokin

• Since: Oct 19, 2010
    i have been battling spidermites for about 6 months now, i have tried natural organic pesticides, Abamectin, a 50/50 rubbing alcohol and water mixture, and ladybugs but nothing seems to be affecting them, the lady bugs have helped in the Veg room but my Buds are in danger, all of them on the bud side are infected with the bugs some worse than others and about 10 of them have full blown webs covering buds and leaves. i recently heard that tying a plastic bag over the plant and releasing co2 would kill mites but i'm afraid that might harm the plant. do i have a super strain of mites? any advice would be appreciated. :mj: :sick::mj:
  2. stoneygreenbud stoneygreenbud

• Super Moderator
    • Since: Oct 31, 2005
    neem oil, works really good, but you seem to be fully infested, I'm not sure if you can salvage your budding plants. but I can tell you that your gonna need to completely clean out your bud room. wash the walls down with bleach, wash out all of your planter pots. the gardens cure has more indepth info on spidermites and how to get rid of them for good.

early detection can be done by looking at the "underneath" side of the leaves, if you can see what looks like little black spects, those are probibly larva/eggs of spidermites. and that means its time to do something about them.

good luck,

~Stoney~
  3. $till_$mokin $till_$mokin

• Since: Oct 19, 2010
    what do you think about Co2?
  4. stoneygreenbud stoneygreenbud

• Super Moderator
    • Since: Oct 31, 2005
    for indoor growth, the use of co2 is always a good thing, but its not gonna help you with the spidermite problem at all, you need to actually eradicate them completely.

~Stoney~
  5. codyf codyf

• Since: May 16, 2010
    have you tried putting ladybugs directly on the buds?
  6. DWeed DWeed

• Since: May 27, 2011
    Spider Mite Infestation help

The product "No Spider Mites" cured my infestation. You can get it at cbmercantile . com

MOD NOTE: commercial link removed

~Stoney~
  7. NOC_Built NOC_Built

• Since: May 31, 2011
    XMite is sold at OSH and kills spiter mites...
  8. Brassmusic Brassmusic

• Since: Jun 3, 2011
    in the meantime, while the chems are working & if the infestation is as bad as you make it sound... Use a vacume & suck them off your leaves & buds.
  9. frist 1 frist 1

• Since: May 30, 2011
    Plant vitality plus !!! Once is all it takes*
  10. KushBandit KushBandit

• Since: Jul 13, 2009
    Plants breath Co2. It won't harm them.