Squinty eyes?

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by SteezyZJT, Sep 22, 2010.

1. SteezyZJT SteezyZJT

• Since: Jun 20, 2010
    I've always wondered...

Why do your eyes get really squinty when you're high?:p
  2. thefirsttimer thefirsttimer

• Since: May 1, 2010
    I would like to know this as well, why do your eyes get shut or low when your stoned?
  3. Pass Da Blunt Pass Da Blunt

• Since: Sep 27, 2009
    The only explanation I can think of is that it would make it easier for you to see?
  4. REVOlution REVOlution

• Since: Mar 27, 2010
    My guess is your eyes become heavy, so you close them to a degree where you're comfortable. It's just like sleep deprivation, after a while you just wanna close those lids.
  5. DanKJuggalo DanKJuggalo

• Since: Oct 27, 2008
    I've been told I have a bad case of "Chink eye" but every time I look in the mirror I don't see it...
  6. thefirsttimer thefirsttimer

• Since: May 1, 2010
    I think it has something to do with blood flow to the brain and the constriction of blood vessels in the brain cuz your eyes to become low, and that explains bloodshot eyes too.
  7. demonic demonic

• Since: May 15, 2010
    idk but one time my eyes were all squinty so i was gonna put in some eye drops because it usually opens them wide open like normal. so i put 2 drops in one eye and i go to put 2 drops in the other......... but theres no more drops left.. so one eye is now perfectly clear and open while the other is all red and half closed. everyone thought something was wrong with me lol.
  8. Ringedredbullet Ringedredbullet

• Since: Jan 28, 2010
    Thats what one of my friends did on purpose and he looked like a freak
  9. quester quester

• Since: Mar 19, 2010
    Bloodshot eyes are not caused by the constriction of blood vessels.
    It is caused by the blood vessels becoming dilated.

Eye redness
  10. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    1) THC makes your eyes more sensitive to light.
    2) THC dries out your mucus membranes, including the ones that keep your eyeballs moist.

Squinting helps with both of these problems. It reduces the amount of light entering your eyes and keeps most of them covered with your moist eyelids.

AFAIK, dilated capillaries do not have any effect that would cause you to squint.
    4 people like this.
  11. iSmoke 'N Toke iSmoke 'N Toke

• Since: Jun 24, 2010
    Honestly, I love that feeling. It feels like I can't keep my eyes open, they feel so heavy. Even if I didn't feel the effects in my head, I would be able to feel it on my face. It's fucked up, but feels amazing ha.
  12. Myracl Myracl

• Since: Sep 8, 2010
    I'm probably wrong, but I believe the smoke also plays a factor in how red your eyes get. When I hot box, my eyes get dark red. But if I'm outside and its windy, sometimes my eyes will for the most part stay white. It may just be an irritation thing, but that's my explanation
  13. Indi420 Indi420

• Since: Mar 2, 2013
    Although I haven't the faintest clue why (looking for the reason is how I found this site), I highly doubt that's the reason. You are physically incapable of opening your eyes if you're extremely stoned. I was smoking with my brother (I had smoked about an eighth over a one hour time period) and out of nowhere, he says to me "it looks like your eyes are shut; I can't see your pupils." I then tried my absolute hardest to open my eyes. It felt like my eyes were wide open as if I just saw my dog do back-flips, to which my brother replied: "*chuckle* nope, still can't see 'em."