Stem Tea (Twig Tea)

Discussion in 'Cooking with Marijuana Recipes' started by Mamabudz, Dec 2, 2001.

1. Fungus Fungus

• Since: May 2, 2003
    Resinating Stems

Ive been useing my old metal pipe latly just becuase its the easist with my current liveing situtaion, anyways my pipe comes apart into 3 pices, and the biggest pice is perfict for putting little nugs of weed into to get all resiny, when smoking, so ive just started keeping all my stems in there to get coated in resin. Will doing this be good for makeing tea out of the steams?
  2. SkinnyP SkinnyP

• Since: Sep 30, 2002
    Well I guess it would be the tea more potent, but it sounds gross.
  3. Geeno Geeno

• Since: Jan 13, 2003
    When Im strapped for cash and weed I like to take stems and coat them with resin... And smoke em! bwa ha ha.
  4. WhiteBoy WhiteBoy

• Sloth
    • Since: Oct 30, 2001
    i would never eat resin....but i'll smoke it
  5. Mr.Mojorisin Mr.Mojorisin

• Mr. M
    • Since: Feb 3, 2002
    Blah, I hate this arguement. Its going to taste like crap either way so who cares. Anyway, why use stems for that at all? Little pieces of bud resinated are much more enjoyable, you can hotknife them or something as inconvenient as that is.
  6. InNeedOfWeed420 InNeedOfWeed420

• Since: Feb 21, 2002
    I just made s0me tea with 2 cups of water and about a cup of ground up stems. Some were from my stash which is almost gone, and some came from 2 male plants. It's now steeping with 3 bags of rasberry tea. After I drink it I'll let you know the effects.
  7. Higher Logic Higher Logic

• Web Developar
    • Since: Feb 17, 2003
    Re: Cannabis not a food group.

See the post about this, to summarize: cannabis is an herb and cannabis is a spice. An herb is the leaf and stem of a plant, either dry or fresh. A spice is the root, bark, flower, or berry of a plant, dry or fresh. Therefore, it's a borderline, meaning it goes both ways; like coliander/cilantro (both are of the same plant, but since it's a different part of the plant, one is an herb and one is a spice).

At least, that's how I view it...being a culinary person myself :)

Oh, my Tea idea:

1.0 tbs Honey
    0.5 tbs Ginger, crystalized
    1.0 c Water
    1.0 c ground stems
    1 packet Tea mix (your favorite)

Honey and Ginger go great together, especially with tea. Add sugar to taste, and maybe even a cinammon stick :)
  8. Tokeman Tokeman

• Since: Feb 18, 2004
    Yah man it would make the tea more potent. But then again, one of the main reasons people make tea out of pot is for it to taste good, and using resin kinda defeats that purpose now doesnt it? lol

Tokeman
  9. G33k$m0k3r420 G33k$m0k3r420

• Since: Feb 25, 2003
    I Just boiled most of my stems.

I've been saving my stems for a long time, and today, I boiled a little over half of them.

The water that was left is yellow-brown, and I'm trying to think of a way to comsume this weed water. I don't want to drink it straight, eww.
  10. PotLover324 PotLover324

• Since: Dec 11, 2003
    Sorry to post without a suggestion, but why were you boiling the stems in the first place? hahahaha

I would have vaporized them... I hear of people doing that and getting a pretty good high.
  11. G33k$m0k3r420 G33k$m0k3r420

• Since: Feb 25, 2003
    Darn.

I did mix this "tea" with some root beer, and drank it.

I have a really mild high, it's actually weak, and I'm gonna go smoke a bowl.
  12. Blain Blain

• Since: Feb 17, 2004
    yep smoke a bong, why muck around. gonna do it - do it right :)
  13. anonymity anonymity

• Since: Jun 13, 2003
    Or grind them up and cook with them. Or make hash out of them. It really doesn't matter what you do with them, but cooking/making drinks with stems without any fat for the THC to bond with is never a good idea. Had you done the same thing with cream or milk you probably would have gotten something.
  14. Soda Soda

• Since: Aug 29, 2003
    I've found them to suck pretty bad in a vaporizer unless they are freakishly moist and trich-covered. Weird sweet burning taste. I prefer to eat them raw, they are pretty much useless unless they come from a dank batch/plant.

Good for you nutritionally I assume, I think it would make an interesting addition to Snapple Ice Tea's line of drinks, bring on the high fructose corn syrup.
  15. pen_vs_self pen_vs_self

• Since: Jan 21, 2005
    Tea with Stems

Hello everyone!

I was wondering if anyone had any good recipies for tea with stems. I'm kinda running low on my stash and I usually save the stems for my birds, but I would rather use it on myself. If anyone has any ideas, just post or email me at pen_vs_self@yahoo.com.

Thanks yo! :liplick:

Penelope
  16. Buzzby Buzzby

• Buddhist Curmudgeon
    • Since: Aug 27, 2004
    There is very little THC in the stems. I don't know if the tea would have any effect.

If you do decide to make tea with them, my advice would be to grind them up very finely (with a blade-type coffee grinder if you've got one), steep the tea for a fairly long time, and filter it through a coffee filter. The fine grind maximizes surface area and will give you the most "bang for your buck".

What do your birds do with the stems? I know birds love to eat the seeds and that they're very nutritious.
  17. Ilúvatar Ilúvatar

• Where is my mind?
    • Since: Apr 10, 2002
    Try using the search feature next time, this would have popped up on the first page. :)

Thread closed.

Higher Logic: Or you could use our Recipe site. Here's the recipe for Twig Tea.
  18. Goatlike_Mage Goatlike_Mage

• Since: May 12, 2003
    Ok, legitimate post here...

How about a coffee press? If made with coffee beans then it would absorb into some of the oils of the ground coffee beans, especially if some cream was added. The press' screen would act as the filter for the pulverized twigs. Plus, in the press, none of the steam escapes - maximum heating for about 5 minutes. It'd be easier than a pressure cooker too.

Just my $.02
  19. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    I love my coffee press -- should work -- REALLY hot water and pulverize the weed -- keep as hot as possible.

I have discovered that the canna butter mixed into sweetened tea does work better -- I created this thread a looooong time ago when my intern was a freshman in college -- she's graduated now and hads been traveling the world for the past 2 years -- so tht gives you some perspective :D
  20. cschaef13 cschaef13

• Since: Oct 28, 2004
    Well I saved up stems from 2 1/2 ounces - 3 ounces of weed and I was wondering should I make stem tea? If so how? I have heard you can make cannabudder how would I do this. My friend and I wanna do this today and we were wondering, for the stem tea if I had stems from 2 1/2 ounces would I have to still used 2 cups of water only? Cause we kinda both wanna try it and 2 cups isn't that much. We ground up the stems, now should we do stem tea or I have heard of butter (if you know it plz provide with recipe for it)