Stoner athlete

Discussion in 'Surveys, Polls and Questions' started by mars_head, Jul 12, 2011.

1. mars_head mars_head

• Since: Jul 11, 2011
    First post! Hello.

I'm a amateur olympic weightlifter and avid stoner. I smoke everyday but set rules for myself like, only smoke at the very end of the day when all my training/work are done. I started noticing that my conditioning and speed has been getting worse. Recently I switched to a vaporizer but I'm afraid that the THC is still affecting my training negatively. Almost like it's slowing me down a bit.

Now I'm torn because I love toking after training. It just loosens everything up and relieves a lot of soreness. But on the other hand I worry that the THC is slowing down my central nervous system and not to mention all that testosterone lowering shit we hear about it too.

Hoping somebody here can give me some advice.
    cheers
  2. Waldy Waldy

• Since: Feb 14, 2011
    have you been smoking the whole time, and it you JUST started to see differences? or have you been training then right when you started smoking again you saw differences? i wouldn't do it at night if i have training the next day, because sometimes i feel a little buzzed.
  3. mars_head mars_head

• Since: Jul 11, 2011
    i should have clarified. Basically I started olympic weightlifting less than a year ago. I had always smoked but usually only 1-2 a week. A few months into training I started smoking pretty much every night, almost on a schedule. I've noticed that recently my work capacity has decreased and maybe even my speed/reaction time.

I've read that your test levels and reaction time are lowered 24 hours after smoking. If this is true that may explain it!
  4. Phenom Phenom

• Banned
    • Since: Jul 29, 2010
    Switch to a vaporizer and you should be good to go.
  5. Waldy Waldy

• Since: Feb 14, 2011
    yes, you're right. if i were you, i wouldn't smoke if i had to do any competitive sports or something physical in the next 24 hrs.