Strattera & Weed

Discussion in 'Medicinal Marijuana' started by vince31324, Jul 29, 2003.

1. vince31324 vince31324

• Since: Feb 8, 2003
    Im not on day 2 on Strattera, i really wanna smoke but scared if mixed with this stuff it will **** me up, the strattera alone gives me chills/makes me tired/tightens every single muscles on my body up(even the part only guys have). so i was wonders anyone here take it, it do anything mixed with weed?? or if someone can help me find some info of it mixed wit weed or somethin!! i really wanna smoke but scared, help me out please
  2. PhreshwaterPhunk PhreshwaterPhunk

• Mister Natural
    • Since: Dec 30, 2002
    No, your fine. My friend takes a time release strytera every day, and he smokes more than me.
  3. Mamabudz Mamabudz

• Since:
    Strattera (atomoxetine) is a selective norepinephrine reuptake inhibitor antidepressant medication used in the treatment of ADHD (Attention Deficit Hyper Activity) in children, teens, young adults and adults.

Unlike Ritalin, it is not a stimulant, working instead on a series of neuro transmitters in the brain -- the neuro-epinephrine system, your body's own stimulants.

And there is the problem for you right now -- marijuana also works on certain neuro transmiters in the brain...including it is believed the neuro epinephrine system as well as (it is known) the serotonin system.

We know these drugs like Strattera and the medications for aantidepression like paxil and Prozac (Serotonin reuptake inhibitors) work, but we have very little idea how.

Any discussion of the mechanics of action of psychotropic medication -- which would includeee Strattera and marijuana in this context -- needs to maintain a healthy respect for our ignorance.

So should you toke up? Not a good idea until you have been stabilized on your medication, which can take a few weeks.

Sorry for the downer my friend but give the new medication a chance to reach it's "normal" level before you start smoking again.

...have a cookie ;)

Mama Budz
  4. Wise Wise

• Since: Jun 29, 2003
    Just listen to Mamabudz, she is like...wise.